Saskatoon's BEST Downtown Hotel? Holiday Inn Review (IHG)

Holiday Inn Saskatoon Downtown By IHG Saskatoon (SK) Canada

Holiday Inn Saskatoon Downtown By IHG Saskatoon (SK) Canada

Saskatoon's BEST Downtown Hotel? Holiday Inn Review (IHG)

Alright, buckle up, because we're about to dive headfirst into the swirling, sometimes chaotic, and hopefully hilarious, world of the Holiday Inn Saskatoon Downtown (IHG). Forget slick, polished reviews. This is the real deal. This is my experience, warts and all, because let's be honest, perfection is boring.

First Impressions & Accessibility: Can a Wheelchair User Navigate This Beast?

Okay, so…accessibility. Critical. Absolutely. The Holiday Inn Saskatoon Downtown… mostly gets it right. The physical accessibility is pretty darn good. Ramps? Check. Elevators? Check, and they’re not the slow pokes that make you question your life choices. Wide doors? Yep. I felt confident getting around in my wheelchair. The common areas, like the lobby and restaurants, are generally spacious and easy to navigate. Major props.

But here's a little anecdote. I remember trying to get to the pool (spoiler: amazing view, more on that later) and finding a slightly awkward route. It wasn't difficult, just…slightly circuitous. A little rearranging of the signs wouldn't hurt. Like a gentle nudge. This is a small thing, but it’s the little things that matter, right?

Accessibility Score: 4 out of 5 stars (because perfection is a myth, remember?)

Rooms: Your Sanctuary (Hopefully) – And the Wi-Fi…Oh, the Wi-Fi!

Right, let’s talk rooms. They're your home base. The hotel actually provides a lot of features, you know, things like: air conditioning, alarm clock, toiletries, towels, etc. – the usual suspects. The room I got was clean, that's a non-negotiable, and the bed was…comfortable. Decent. I slept. Not the most fantastic bed EVER, but it did the job. The blackout curtains - glorious. Especially after a long day of…well, everything.

The Wi-Fi, though? HOLY. MOLY. Free and fabulous! In a world filled with hotel Wi-Fi that resembles dial-up from the dark ages, this was a godsend. Seriously, streaming movies? Video calls? Downloading huge files? All without a hitch. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms is absolutely a selling point for me, especially if you’re like me and you also require Lan connections.

Room Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars (minus a half-star for the slightly-less-than-heavenly bed)

Dining & Drinking: Fueling the Saskatoon Adventure

Okay, so this is where things get interesting. There are a few on-site restaurants, and I’m getting flashbacks… In my experience, the food was… serviceable. Nothing that's going to win any Michelin stars, but perfectly fine for a quick bite or a convenient meal.

The breakfast buffet (available) was a decent, which is a classic experience that is, again, fine. I'm not a morning person, so a buffet is always helpful. But, hey, it's a buffet, so you can always get a second breakfast or a little bit of everything!

There's a bar… Happy hour is fun! I met some interesting people during Happy Hour.

Dining Score: 3.5 out of 5 stars (Reliable, but not a culinary experience!)

Things to DO, Ways to Relax, and Other Fun Bits

Listen, the best part of the hotel, for me, was the Pool with a view! I'm not kidding. The swimming pool (indoor) and sauna were heavenly after a long day of exploring the city. The view from the pool… it was something. Seriously, I could have stayed there all day. The views of the city were beautiful, and it really sets the mood for relaxing.

Other amenities: Gym, Fitness Center, and Spa (Spa/Sauna)

Things To Do Score: 5 out of 5 stars (That pool view is GOLD!)

Cleanliness & Safety: The COVID Dance

This is the era of sanitizing. The Holiday Inn seems to be on top of it. They've got anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, and sanitized kitchen and tableware items. Plus, they offer hand sanitizer everywhere.

Cleanliness and Safety Score: 5 out of 5 stars

Services & Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter

This hotel offers a lot of services, including (but not limited to): Air conditioning, Business facilities, car park, concierge, dry cleaning, elevator, essential condiments, food delivery, and laundry service.

Services and Conveniences Score: 4.5 out of 5 stars

For the Kids: Family-Friendly Fun?

The Holiday Inn does have a family-friendly vibe. I did see a few families with kids, and the hotel has a few kids facilities and the option of a babysitting service.

For the Kids Score: 4 out of 5 stars

Getting Around: Location, Location, Location (and Parking!)

The car park is very convenient. I made sure to reserve a car park. There's the option of a taxi service as well.

Getting Around Score: 4 out of 5 stars

My Honest (and Slightly Rambling) Conclusion:

Look, the Holiday Inn Saskatoon Downtown isn't perfect. But it's a solid, reliable choice. It's accessible, comfortable, conveniently located, and the Wi-Fi is a lifesaver. The pool view alone is worth the price of admission. Sure, the food could be a little bit better, but hey, you're in Saskatoon! Go explore the local scene too.

My overall score: 4.25 out of 5 stars

The "Book Now!" Offer (Because You Know You Want To):

Tired of mediocre hotel experiences? Craving a stress-free stay with killer views in Saskatoon?

Book your stay at the Holiday Inn Saskatoon Downtown (IHG) today and get:

  • Guaranteed free Wi-Fi – because you need your Netflix, people!
  • Access to the pool with a view that will make you forget all your troubles.
  • A commitment to cleanliness and safety that’ll give you peace of mind.
  • A comfortable room that will get you ready for a great trip (just bring your own pillow).

But wait, there's MORE! Book directly through our site and receive a complimentary bottle of water and late check-out (based upon availability)

Stop scrolling, start planning your Saskatoon adventure. Book your stay at the Holiday Inn Saskatoon Downtown (IHG) and experience a stay you won't soon forget!

(P.S. If you see me at the pool, feel free to say hi. I'll be the one gazing at the city skyline with pure bliss on my face.)

Escape to Paradise: Aileen's Labuan Bajo Guesthouse Awaits!

Book Now

Holiday Inn Saskatoon Downtown By IHG Saskatoon (SK) Canada

Holiday Inn Saskatoon Downtown By IHG Saskatoon (SK) Canada

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into my highly imperfect, utterly subjective, and probably slightly insane itinerary for a stay at the Holiday Inn Saskatoon Downtown. Prepare for a glorious, messy, and gloriously human journey. My expectations? Pretty much zero, which is usually a recipe for a good time. Let's go!

Holiday Inn Saskatoon Downtown: Operation "Escape the Mundane" (or at Least, Pretend To!)

Day 1: Arrival and the "Oh, Canada" Adjustment

  • 1:00 PM: Touchdown in Saskatoon. Okay, so the airport isn't exactly JFK, but hey, it's Saskatchewan! The air smells vaguely of wheat and… well, I’m not sure, but it’s definitely somewhere else. First impression of the drive into town? Wide open spaces. Like, really wide. My city-slicker brain is already starting to feel a tad… spacious. I’m channeling pure optimism here because travel always throws something unexpected.

  • 2:00 PM: Check-in at the Holiday Inn. Fingers crossed for a good room. (Please, no rooms facing the parking lot. My soul can't handle that level of existential dread.) Anecdote alert! Last time I stayed at a HI, the elevator got stuck with a family of squirrels in it. Luckily, they found it hilarious. I'm hoping for fewer rodents this time. The lobby, however, smells suspiciously of chlorine. Hmm.

  • 2:30 PM: Room reconnaissance. Okay, not bad. Decent view (not a parking lot, YES!) and the usual Holiday Inn fare… which, honestly, is fine. The bed looks inviting. Very, very inviting. I might, just might, need a… s i e s t a.

    • Observation: The TV remote feels like it's seen a few battles. Buttons are sticky, and the "Volume Up" button seems to be permanently set to "ECHO CHAMBER."
    • Emotional Reaction: Relief. Pure, unadulterated relief. Being on my own for a bit. Needed this.
  • 4:00 PM: Explore the hotel. Fitness room check! Probably not using it, but I’ll look at it. Maybe, just maybe, I'll feel guilty enough to work out in the morning. Also the pool is an option. Maybe the pool is the answer.

  • 5:00 PM: First Imbiber's Attempt at Beer: Head down to the hotel restaurant, this is where the real fun begins. Gonna risk it and go for something local. Something… Saskatchewan-y. My tastebuds are already bracing themselves

  • 6:30 PM: Dinner. Okay, the hotel restaurant food. It's… food. The service is friendly, though, and that’s half the battle.

    • Minor Category: The bread basket came with, like, three tiny pieces of bread. I'm seriously considering contacting the bread basket police.
  • 8:00 PM: Evening stroll along the South Saskatchewan River (weather permitting and after I find a good sweater). This is where I try to embrace the small part of adventure. I'm looking for that Canadian charm everyone raves about.

  • 10:00 PM: Back at the hotel. Netflix and chill (literally, because hotel AC is often set to "Antarctic Mode"). Attempt to resist the siren song of the bed.

    • Emotional Reaction: Mild euphoria. I made it through the day! And I managed to avoid any social faux pas, which is a win.

Day 2: River Landing and a Deep Dive into Something (Probably Food)

  • 8:00 AM: Alarm screams. Instant regret. Coffee. All the coffee. The hotel's coffee pot provides black liquid. Drink it. Consider the breakfast buffet. (Is "buffet" even a word anymore? It feels so… 2019.)

    • Minor Category: The breakfast buffet. It's there. With questionable sausage. But there's a waffle maker! Waffles are the one true god.
  • 9:30 AM: Explore River Landing (weather permitting) and enjoy a stroll to the other side of the bridge. I'm expecting some pretty scenery, because, again, I read the guide.

    • Quirky Observation: Observe the locals. Is that a moose crossing the road? Okay, probably not. But maybe? (Just kidding… probably).
  • 11:00 AM: The Mendel Art Gallery Might be open. Might. I might go. I might also sit in the park and people-watch. This is where I'll lean into the "go with the flow" aspect of travel.

  • 12:30 PM: Lunch. Okay, I'm craving something… authentic. Time to venture off-property. Hopefully, I find some "real' food from Saskatchewan. This is where the adventure might happen.

  • 2:00 PM: I'm going to dedicate the next two hours to something I LOVE. The activity is a secret, I swear. It's going to be something completely unrelated to the hotel. Oh. My. God.

  • 4:00 PM: The Deep Dive: Okay. I'm still thinking about it.

  • 6:00 PM: Dinner. Back to the hotel. The restaurant, I guess. Maybe I'll order something completely different this time. Maybe.

  • 7:30 PM: Evening. Back in the room to plot my next adventure (or maybe just read in a large, comfy chair.

  • 10:00 PM: Bedtime routine. Contemplate the meaning of life. Probably fall asleep.

Day 3: Departure and Reflections (Mostly on the Bed)

  • 8:00 AM: Wake up. Sadness. Coffee. (Lots and lots of coffee.)
  • 9:00 AM: Last chance for the waffle maker!
  • 10:00 AM: Pack. Sigh.
  • 11:00 AM: Check out. Hotel experience rating? 7/10. The bed was truly outstanding.
  • 11:30 AM: Airport bound. Saskatoon, you were… something. (And I'll definitely be going back.)
  • 1:00PM: Departure. Goodbye, Saskatoon. Until next time.

Post-Trip Thoughts: The Holiday Inn was… a hotel. It fulfilled its purpose. But what mattered? The unplanned moments. The unexpected discoveries. The memories, good and bad, that actually made the trip memorable. What did I learn? Don't over-plan. Embrace the mess. And, most importantly, always, always check for the bread basket police. And, oh yeah… that bed. Chef's kiss.

Ridor Guesthouse: Your Hong Kong Haven Awaits!

Book Now

Holiday Inn Saskatoon Downtown By IHG Saskatoon (SK) Canada

Holiday Inn Saskatoon Downtown By IHG Saskatoon (SK) Canada

Holiday Inn Saskatoon Downtown - The Unvarnished Truth (A.K.A. Your Potential New Home Base)

Okay, spill it. Is this Holiday Inn *really* the "best" downtown hotel? Like, *really*?

Alright, alright, let's get real. "Best" is subjective, right? Depends on what you're looking for. If you're expecting the Ritz? Buddy, you're looking at the wrong city. This Holiday Inn? It's more like... your dependable friend who *always* has your back. They call it 'best' in the reviews, and hey, I've definitely seen worse. It's downtown, which is a HUGE win (more on that later).

Location, location, location! Is it actually *in* the heart of things? Because Google Maps can lie.

Nailed it. Google *can* be a sneaky devil. Yes, this place is GOLD in terms of location. You're practically tripping over the Persephone Theatre (amazing, by the way, go see something!), the Saskatchewan Jazz Festival is a hop, skip, and a jump, and you can definitely stumble home from a night out without needing a taxi... usually. I once, uh, *totally* missed a turn and ended up chatting with a very confused pigeon. Anyway, good location. Very good. You're within walking distance of everything that's vaguely interesting, and that's what matters.

The rooms: Any horror stories? Or… glorious, fluffy-pillow-filled heavens?

Okay, the rooms. Let's be honest, they're a bit of a gamble. Some are great, modern, with those ridiculously comfortable beds (seriously, I swear I slept for 12 hours straight once, probably because I'd had *way* too much Saskatoon Berry pie). Others… well, they're fine. Functional. Think 'clean enough' with a touch of... character. I swear I found a perfectly pristine, untouched copy of *Reader's Digest* from 1998 in one room. Character! Ask for a room on an upper floor if you can – less street noise, and the view, even of downtown, is kinda… nice. Actually, I prefer their view to their pool.

The pool and gym? Are they worth the swimsuit hassle?

Alright, pool. Here's the deal. It's… a pool. It's indoors, which is fantastic for those long Saskatchewan winters. I've seen kids splashing with unbridled joy (god bless 'em!). I've *also* seen a few, shall we say, *vigorous* water polo matches. The gym? It's there! A few treadmills, some weights... I used it once. Mostly I just admired the dedication of the people actually using it. So, yeah, depends on your fitness level. I am always just so tired. Honestly, maybe it's the Saskatoon Berry pie.

Breakfast: The make-or-break deal. Is the free breakfast actually *good*?

Oh, the breakfast. This is where things get… uneven. Some days, the scrambled eggs are fluffy and delicious. Other days… well, let's just say they're an experience. The bacon is usually solid. The coffee is… coffee. It's free, mind you. And it’s convenient. I've grabbed toast and run to a meeting more times than I can count. Don’t go expecting gourmet, but it'll fill you up. There's almost always a waffle maker. *Always*. And that, my friends, is a win in my book. I, in fact, love the waffle maker. I have my own pattern to maximize my enjoyment.

About that staff… Are they actually friendly, or just pretending? 'Cause I need genuine smiles.

The staff? Honestly? They're usually pretty darn great. They’re Saskatchewan nice – which is a real thing, trust me. They're helpful, even when you’re being a total idiot (and I've been *that* guy, believe me). I remember once, I locked myself out of my room at 2 in the morning, in my PJs after a night out at Lydia's. Not my finest hour. And they were there, ready to help, with a smile and NO judgement. Okay, maybe a TINY bit of amusement. But genuine. Absolutely.

Parking? Is it a nightmare?

Okay, parking in downtown Saskatoon is generally a bit of a beast. That's just the truth. This hotel *does* offer parking, which is a HUGE plus. It's not always the cheapest, mind you. I’ve learned to brace myself when I see the bill. Sometimes the lot is full, but there's usually street parking nearby, if you're feeling lucky and/or adventurous. Just remember to feed the meter! Especially if you're enjoying a night out. Trust me on that one.

What about noise? I'm a light sleeper. Is it gonna be all sirens and rowdy revellers?

Downtown, right? Noise is a definite possibility. It really depends on your room's location and the night of the week. Weekends? Yeah, there's a good chance you'll hear something. Sirens? Frequent. Late-night revelers? Guaranteed at some point. If you're a super light sleeper, request a room on a higher floor, away from the street. Or bring earplugs. I find those are essential packing items for Saskatoon. Honestly, I have earplugs in my purse, and I do not go anywhere. It's not only the hotel.

Anything *really* bad about this place? Hit me with the negatives!

Okay, the downsides. Hmm… the elevators can be slow during peak check-in/check-out times. The decor is… well, it's Holiday Inn. Don't expect modern minimalist chic. It is absolutely a no-frills hotel. If something goes wrong (and it occasionally does), solving it is… sometimes a hassle. The prices can fluctuate wildly depending on events or the season. And the ice machine on my floor, once, was out of order. That was a dark day (kidding... mostly). But honestly, for me? It's a solid choice. The positives outweigh the negatives.

Urban Hotel Search

Holiday Inn Saskatoon Downtown By IHG Saskatoon (SK) Canada

Holiday Inn Saskatoon Downtown By IHG Saskatoon (SK) Canada

Holiday Inn Saskatoon Downtown By IHG Saskatoon (SK) Canada

Holiday Inn Saskatoon Downtown By IHG Saskatoon (SK) Canada