Escape to Paradise: Shanti Maurice Resort & Spa Awaits

Shanti Maurice Resort & Spa Mauritius Island Mauritius

Shanti Maurice Resort & Spa Mauritius Island Mauritius

Escape to Paradise: Shanti Maurice Resort & Spa Awaits

Escape to Paradise: Shanti Maurice Resort & Spa Awaits - My Brain Dump of a Review (Seriously, It's Gorgeous)

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from Shanti Maurice and my head is still swimming in turquoise water and sunshine. Forget those boring, perfect reviews. This is real life, folks. This is me, post-vacation, spilling my guts (and probably some sand) about this place. Let's dive in, shall we?

(Disclaimer: I'm no travel writer, just a regular person who loves a good escape. And Shanti Maurice? It's that good.)

First Impressions & Accessibility (Getting There & In General):

I arrived bleary-eyed after a long flight, hoping the promise of paradise wasn't just a clever marketing ploy. Spoiler alert: it wasn't. The airport transfer (yep, they have one! Airport transfer - check!) was smooth as silk. The car was comfy, the driver was friendly, and the landscape… oh boy. Mauritius is seriously stunning.

Now, I didn't specifically check for full wheelchair accessibility, but I did notice a few things. Facilities for disabled guests is listed, which is a good start. The pathways around the resort seemed well-maintained, and I saw ramps in places where they would be needed. The reception and main common areas are pretty open and easy to navigate. But honestly, I didn't have a close look at every single aspect, sorry if that's a deal-breaker for you and I can confirm the actual details, please call Shanti Maurice and ask them directly.

The Rooms: My Little Palace (Especially the Bed!)

My room? Pure bliss. (Available in all rooms alert! Air conditioning - check!), (Air conditioning - check!), (Bathtub - check!), (Mini bar - check!) It was spacious, beautifully decorated, and… the bed. Oh, the bed. It was like sleeping on a cloud. Seriously, I could have stayed in that bed for days. The extra long bed (check!) was a bonus! The blackout curtains (check!) were a lifesaver for those midday naps. And the bathrobes and slippers (check!)? Pure decadence. I lived in them. Seriously, I was surprised how practical such luxury can be. And the free Wi-Fi in all rooms! (check!) meant I could at least pretend to work while sipping cocktails on my balcony. Also my room has a window that opens (check!). And I can get wake up service (check!) which is useful if you want to have early morning activity.

The Spa: Where My Stress Went to Die

Listen, I'm not usually a spa person. I'm a "grab a beer and watch Netflix" kind of gal. But… the spa at Shanti Maurice? Transformative. (Spa - check!), (Sauna - check!), (Steamroom - check!). I indulged in a body scrub (check!) and a massage (check!), and I swear, I floated out of there. Everything was perfectly serene, with the gentle sounds of the ocean and the smell of essential oils… pure heaven. The gym/fitness (check!) is available if the spa does not suit you. I did not like the gym, for me, it is the definition of torture.

Things to Do (Besides Napping in Paradise – Ha!)

Okay, so I spent a considerable amount of time in the swimming pool (check!) (or pools, more accurately, they have many!), and the swimming pool outdoor. But there's more! You can chill in the pool with a view (check!). Seriously the best views. The resort offers a range of activities. From watersports to excursions. I tried a yoga class, but mostly just admired the view while failing miserably at the poses. They have a fitness center (check!) but I did not try it. The beach is absolutely gorgeous! It's honestly the best place to just zone out, get some sun, and listen to the waves. Pure relaxation. Sometimes I just felt like a lumpfish soaking the beauty of the scenery.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: My Stomach's Best Friend

Alright, let's talk food. Because, let's be real, that's pretty important. The restaurants were fantastic! (Restaurants - check!), (Poolside bar - check!), (Coffee shop - check!), (Snack bar - check!). The breakfast buffet was epic. I'm talking everything: eggs, pastries, fruit, pancakes, and – best of all – the most amazing fresh juices. The Asian cuisine in restaurant (check!) was sensational, but honestly, everything I tried was delicious. The service at the restaurants was impeccable. They also have room service 24-hour - perfect for those late-night cravings. They also have this bottle of water (check!), which is really nice.

They offer vegetarian restaurant (check!) and have alternative meal arrangement (check!) which is great if you have dietary restrictions. A la carte in restaurant (check!), soup in restaurant (check!), desserts in restaurant (check!), salads in restaurant (check!), Asian breakfast (check!), International cuisine in restaurant (check!), Western breakfast (check!), Western cuisine in restaurant (check!)

I love how the hotel took proper precautions regarding the Safe dining setup (check!), Sanitized kitchen and tableware items (check!), Individually-wrapped food options (check!), and Safe dining setup (check!). Happy hour (check!)!

Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe and Sound

Okay, I'm a bit of a germaphobe, so this was crucial for me. I was impressed! They clearly take cleanliness seriously! (Anti-viral cleaning products - check!), (Daily disinfection in common areas - check!), (Hygiene certification - check!), (Professional-grade sanitizing services - check!), (Rooms sanitized between stays - check!), (Staff trained in safety protocol - check!). I even saw them sterilizing equipment (check!). Knowing that they were taking these precautions made me feel safe and relaxed, which is important when you're trying to, you know, escape your everyday life. Also, there are security 24-hour and CCTV in common areas (check!). And they always have a doctor/nurse on call (check!).

Services and Conveniences: They Thought of Everything

They really did! (Concierge - check!), (Daily housekeeping - check!), (Currency exchange - check!), (Dry cleaning - check!), (Laundry service - check!), (Luggage storage - check!). They even have a gift/souvenir shop (check!), so you can buy cheesy t-shirts to embarrass your friends back home. I used the car park free of charge. There's also car park on-site and car power charging station (check!). Contactless check-in/out (check!) is offered, which is really nice.

They also have the business facilities (check!) and business center (check!). They even thought about the facilities for disabled guests (check!) and essential condiments (check!).

For the Kids (and the Big Kids Too!):

I didn't have kids with me, but I saw plenty of happy families. They have babysitting service (check!) and also have kids facilities (check!) and a kids meal (check!). Family/child friendly (check!).

* The Quirks, the Imperfections, the Real Stuff:

  • Rainy Day Blues: One day, it rained. It happens. It was a shame, but the resort made it comfortable with the indoor venue for special events (check!). They have Meeting/banquet facilities (check!) as well.
  • The Staff: The staff? Incredibly friendly and helpful. Always smiling, always making sure you're okay. They have staff trained in safety protocol (check!).
  • Internet: This is where things get a little… less perfect. While the free Wi-Fi in all rooms! (check!), Internet access – wireless (check!), Internet (check!) was generally good, it wasn't always blazing fast. It was fine for emails and browsing, but maybe not for serious streaming. The have Internet access – LAN (check!). It's a resort, people! Put down your phone and enjoy the view!
  • Smell of the sea: There is something in the air, the smell of the sea, which is not necessarily a bad thing.
  • The Price Tag: Let's be honest, Shanti Maurice is not cheap. It's a splurge. But, for me? Completely worth it.

My Verdict:

GO. Seriously. Book it now. It'

Fuji Kawaguchiko: Japan's Hidden Gem You NEED to See!

Book Now

Shanti Maurice Resort & Spa Mauritius Island Mauritius

Shanti Maurice Resort & Spa Mauritius Island Mauritius

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into my potential shambolic, sun-soaked, and utterly glorious trip to Shanti Maurice Resort & Spa in Mauritius. This isn't your sterile, perfectly-crafted itinerary. This is real life, folks!

Mauritius Mayhem: My (Potentially) Perfect Trip to Shanti Maurice - A Hot Mess Express of Emotions

Day 1: Arrival & The Great Un-Unpacking

  • Morning (Err, Probably Early Afternoon): Land in Mauritius. Hopefully I didn't eat the entire inflight meal and immediately need a nap. The airport transfer to Shanti Maurice. Ooof, the humidity hits you like a warm, damp hug. My hair's already frizzing, and I haven't even seen the ocean yet.
  • Afternoon: Check in. Fingers crossed they have that Oceanfront Villa I've been drooling over online. Imagine the Insta-stories! The resort better be as stunning as the photos, right? Ugh, the unpacking. Let's be honest, I'll probably leave most of my suitcase un-unpacked for at least two days. I'm a champion procrastinator. Let's just chuck everything on a bed and pretend it will organize itself. First priority? The infinity pool. Need. That. Now.
  • Evening: Sunset cocktails at Stars restaurant or Rum Shed. This is where the magic happens, right? The first sip of a perfectly crafted cocktail, the salty breeze, the view… if I'm lucky, I won't spill it all over myself. Maybe I'll try to be all sophisticated and order something fancy with passion fruit. Or, you know, just a rum punch. Let's be real. Dinner at The Restaurant. Attempt to be graceful. (Chances: slim to nil).

Day 2: Ocean, Obstacles & Overeating (Probably)

  • Morning: Actual sunrise. Maybe I’ll actually get up for it? Or more likely, I will pull the blackout curtains and sleep till my stomach growls. Ok, let's be real, I'm going to want to sleep in. Then: Breakfast. All the fresh fruit, the pastries, the omelets… I'm doomed. The buffet is my kryptonite. Promise myself to be adventurous, and maybe try a new fruit I've never heard of. (And fail miserably).
  • Afternoon: Beach time! Snorkeling! The coral reefs! This is what I’m most excited about! … Wait, is that a shark fin? Okay, okay, calm down self. Probably a dolphin. Maybe. Okay, definitely a dolphin. (But still might scream a little). I'll try not to get sunburnt. I always get sunburnt. I'm a lobster in human form. After that: maybe a couple hours in the spa. A massage, maybe a facial. Pure Bliss. Pray I don't snore.
  • Evening: Sunset again because, come on, is it even a vacation if you don't overdo the sunsets? Another round of cocktails. Tonight I will actually try and finish a book, this time.

Day 3: Day of the Ocean, the beach and… the golf course?

  • Morning: The ocean and beach. You can't go to Mauritius and skip it, right? It will be the perfect time to take many pictures and soak in the beauty of the sea and sands.
  • Afternoon: If I get bored of laying on the beach, may be I will try out the golf course.
  • Evening: More cocktails and food. I will try out new restaurants as well.

Day 4: Deep Dive into the Spa - Or, The Pursuit of Pure Relaxation (and Probably Some Chocolate)

  • Morning: Spa Day! I’m dedicating the entire morning to this. Okay, maybe a quick dip in the ocean first for the "invigorating" factor. Then straight to the spa for a full body massage that will hopefully melt away all the stress I didn't even realize I was carrying. My life is hard ;P. I'm talking the works: aromatherapy, the works. I might even consider a body scrub (if I'm feeling brave).
  • Afternoon: Post-spa stupor of pure bliss. I will probably curl up in a comfy chair with a book. Maybe I'll find a secret stash of chocolates somewhere on the resort. (A girl can dream, right?).
  • Evening: Another fancy dinner. Maybe I'll actually change out of my swimsuit this time. Probably not.
  • Important side note: I will be the one person who orders the most expensive wine. And probably spill it.

Day 5: Exploring & Maybe a (Small) Cultural Encounter

  • Morning: Time to get off my lazy ass and explore. But the question is, where? I will probably consult Pinterest. It will be a battle between driving on the left side of the road (which might end in disaster) or taking a guided tour.
  • Afternoon: Discovering the beauty of Mauritius's culture and history.
  • Evening: Another dinner. Maybe I am running out of fancy outfits to wear. I should have brought more!

Day 6: Farewell (Sob!) and the Great Pack-of-Shame

  • Morning: The crushing realization that vacation is almost over. Trying to squeeze every last drop of enjoyment from this trip! One last breakfast. One last swim. One last stare at that gorgeous ocean. This is when you'll find me staring at the ocean, contemplating everything I should have done on this trip… and haven't.
  • Afternoon: The Great Pack-of-Shame. Time to face my suitcase, the un-unpacked Everest.
  • Evening: Farewell dinner. Trying not to get too emotional. (I'll probably fail).
  • Airport transfer, flight home: Reflecting on the trip. Already planning my return.

Day 7: Recovery (from the Trip)

  • Morning onwards: Catching up on sleep, doing laundry, and telling everyone (who will listen) about my amazing trip. Resisting the urge to book another vacation immediately. (Probably failing).
  • Probably: Spend a week daydreaming about the sunshine, the cocktails, and the complete and utter relaxation. And plotting my return.

Important caveats:

  • This itinerary is highly flexible. I reserve the right to change plans at any moment because, you know, life.
  • Expect spontaneous naps. Possibly in public. Don't judge me.
  • I will probably eat too much. It's a given.
  • I will take approximately 3,000 photos. Most of them blurry.
  • My biggest enemy: The FOMO monster. I'll try not to let it win.

So there you have it. My chaotic, hopeful, and utterly human plan for paradise. Wish me luck, and may the rum punch be ever in my favor.

Vienna Hotel Guangzhou Airport: Unbeatable Luxury & Convenience!

Book Now

Shanti Maurice Resort & Spa Mauritius Island Mauritius

Shanti Maurice Resort & Spa Mauritius Island MauritiusOkay, buckle up buttercup, because we're about to dive headfirst into the (potentially choppy) waters of your FAQ about Shanti Maurice. This isn't your sanitized, brochure-perfect resort guide. This is real talk. Here we go…

So, Shanti Maurice… is it actually paradise? Or just… REALLY expensive disappointment?

Alright, alright, simmer down. Paradise is a HIGH bar, you know? Like, you expect actual angels to be roaming around offering you mango smoothies. Shanti Maurice? It’s… a damn good contender. Like, *really* good. But perfect? Nah. Nothing’s perfect, even if you’re paying enough to make your accountant cry (mine definitely did, and she’s generally unflappable). Here’s the deal: the beaches are INSANE. Seriously. Picture this: I arrived after a 20-hour travel day (don't judge, my connecting flight in Dubai was a *nightmare* – lost luggage, you know the drill). Bleary-eyed, grumpy, smelling vaguely of airplane coffee and despair. And then I *saw* the beach. Pure, white sand, turquoise water that glittered in a way that honestly made me yelp. And the palm trees? They looked like they were genuinely waving at me. It was almost enough to erase the memory of the chicken sandwich I’d been forced to eat in economy. BUT… (There’s always a but, isn't there?) The wind can kick up. One day, I swear I thought I was going to be sandblasted. Also, and I’m saying this as someone who loves a good cocktail: the drinks are *pricey*. Like, “should I remortgage my house for a piña colada?” pricey. And the service? Generally excellent, but occasionally… a little slow. You learn patience. You channel your inner zen master. Or you just order another drink while you’re waiting.

Those Villas… Are they REALLY worth the splurge? I'm on a budget, you know?

Okay, this is where the internal debate begins. The villas… oh, the villas. Space, my friends. Glorious, sprawling space. Private pools that beckon you with promises of endless relaxation. But the price tag? Ouch. My wallet is still recovering. Here's a semi-honest confession: I *peeked* inside a villa while the cleaning staff were busy. (Don't tell anyone!). And… yes. They are *amazing*. Like, “I could live here forever and never leave” amazing. Marble bathrooms, outdoor showers, private plunge pools… pure hedonistic bliss. BUT! If you're on a budget (and let's be honest, who *isn't*?), consider a suite. Seriously. They're still incredibly spacious, beautifully appointed, and you get all the resort amenities. You might not have *your own* private pool, but you’re practically tripping over public ones everywhere you go. And the money you save? You can spend it on… well, more cocktails. Win-win. (Although, if you *can* swing a villa… go for it. Just… maybe bring me along?)

The Spa! People rave about it. Is it as transcendent as they say? (I need a massage, badly.)

Okay, the spa. My *religion*. I went. I saw. I *worshipped*. This is the real deal. And yes, I’m prone to hyperbole, but honestly, the Shanti Maurice spa is… well, it’s a spiritual experience, if you’re into that sort of thing. Picture this: you arrive, slightly frazzled from the aforementioned travel nightmares. The air smells of lemongrass and something else… vaguely magical. You’re greeted with a refreshing hibiscus tea and a warm towel, and instantly a wave of calm washes over you. I had the Balinese massage. And oh. My. GOD. I think I levitated. The masseuse, bless her soul, worked out knots I didn’t even know I *had*. Seriously, I wanted to stay there *forever*. The music, the pressure, the gentle scents… it was pure bliss. And afterwards? You recline on a comfy lounger, sip some fresh juice, and contemplate the meaning of life (or just the best way to get back to your villa for a nap). My only complaint? You *must* book in advance. This place is popular, and for good reason. Don't be like me, scrambling for a last-minute appointment and almost missing out on the magic. Book. Now. Seriously.

Food, glorious food… Is it any good? I'm a picky eater. (Sorry.)

Listen, I get it. Picky eaters are a thing. I’m not one, but I appreciate the struggle. The food at Shanti Maurice is… pretty darn good. Actually, more than pretty darn good. It's excellent. And there's enough variety to keep even the most discerning palate happy (or at least, relatively calm). There are several restaurants to choose from. I particularly loved the beachfront restaurant, Stars. The seafood? *Chef's kiss*. I had the grilled octopus one night, and I'm still dreaming about it. The service was impeccable (most of the time… see previous comments about slow service). And the sunsets? Stunning. Absolutely stunning. The breakfast buffet is another story entirely. It's a glorious explosion of options. Fresh fruit, pastries, eggs cooked ANY way you want them… a whole section dedicated to exotic fruits! Honestly, I probably gained five pounds just sniffing the air. My advice? Try *everything*. Be adventurous. Explore the menus. And don't be afraid to ask for something special. They're incredibly accommodating. (Unless you ask for ketchup. Then you might get some side-eye.)

What about activities? Is it just lazing on the beach, or are there things to *do*? Because I get bored easily. Like, *really* easily.

Okay, fellow easily-bored souls, rejoice! Shanti Maurice isn’t just a pretty face. There’s actually stuff to *do*. (Besides, you know, staring at the ocean until your brain melts). They offer a whole slew of activities. Watersports (kayaking, paddleboarding, you name it). Snorkeling. Diving. Cooking classes. Excursions to nearby attractions. I even saw people doing yoga on the beach at sunrise (a feat I was too lazy to attempt, but hey, good for them!). Personally, I spent a lot of time swimming and reading by the pool. Pure bliss. But I did try the snorkeling once. The coral reefs were gorgeous. The fish were… well, they were fish. Colorful, flitting around. One of them gave me a weird look, and I swear I felt judged. The point is, you won’t be bored. Unless you *want* to be. Which, let’s be honest, is sometimes the best part of a vacation.

Is Mauritius safe? I’m a worrier. A HUGE worrier.

Okay, calming down the inner drama queen is a priority. Mauritius is generally considered a safe destination. Like, I felt safer there than in my own neighborhood. Petty crime exists, obviously, but tourist areas are generally well-patrolled. Be aware of your surroundings, keep valuables secure, and you'll be fine. Don't flash expensive jewelry, don't leave your phone unattended, and you’ll be golden. I wandered around a bit, outside the resort (after checking with staff of course -- they'Hospitality Trails

Shanti Maurice Resort & Spa Mauritius Island Mauritius

Shanti Maurice Resort & Spa Mauritius Island Mauritius

Shanti Maurice Resort & Spa Mauritius Island Mauritius

Shanti Maurice Resort & Spa Mauritius Island Mauritius