Escape to Paradise: Marante Plaza Hotel, Recife's Jewel!

Marante Plaza Hotel Recife Brazil

Marante Plaza Hotel Recife Brazil

Escape to Paradise: Marante Plaza Hotel, Recife's Jewel!

Escape to Paradise: Marante Plaza Hotel, Recife's Jewel! - A Review That's Honestly Gotten It All

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because I just got back from a SERIOUS tropical escape to Recife, Brazil, and let me tell you, the Marante Plaza Hotel? It's got a name that's almost intimidatingly classy, but honestly, underneath the polished exterior, it's a place with some seriously awesome (and sometimes a little wonky) charm. This isn't just your average hotel review; this is a full-blown, warts-and-all, “I need another caipirinha” breakdown of my stay.

First Impressions & Accessibility: The Good, The Maybe, and The “Oh, I’ll Get Used to That”

Okay, so arriving at the Marante Plaza… damn. It looks impressive. That whole "jewel" thing in the title? They weren't kidding. The lobby is all gleaming marble and smiling (and thankfully, VERY helpful) staff ready to whisk your bags away (or at least, mine were, after the airport chaos).

Accessibility: Now, I confess, I don't personally use a wheelchair, but I did spend a good chunk of time assessing this for all you lovely people. The hotel boasts a noticeable effort in making things accessible. Elevators? Check. Ramps? Check. There are definitely Facilities for disabled guests, a huge plus. I'm gonna give it a solid thumbs up on overall Wheelchair accessible aspects. However, it's a sprawling place and some of the layouts might require a bit of extra planning – like, I'm talking a couple of slight bumps, but hey, overall, way better than many places I've been.

Check-in/out [express] and Contactless check-in/out: Seriously smooth. They get that we’re all busy trying to get to the swimming pool.

**Rooms: My Sanctuary (and Where My Hair Dryer Vanished) **

My room? Glorious. Seriously, I could get used to the life. Air conditioning that actually works (thank you, sweet heavens), a mini bar stocked with the essentials (and maybe a few unnecessary treats, which I totally indulged in). Oh, and a seating area to sprawl out in. The bed? Heaven. Utter, sleep-until-noon, I-don't-want-to-leave heaven. And the blackout curtains were a godsend, especially after those late-night caipirinhas!

Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.

The Catch? Okay, one tiny hiccup. My hair dryer. Disappeared. Mysteriously. I swear I put it on the counter. Was it a mischievous ghost? Did housekeeping accidentally… well, let's just say I had to embrace the "air-dried beach goddess" look for a while. (Which, let's be honest, isn’t all bad when you're in Recife.) Anyway, It was fixed very quickly, so I was able to enjoy the comforts of my room by the end of their fix, and also the excellent Daily housekeeping.

"Internet Mania!" – My Wi-Fi Woes and Wins:

Internet Access – LAN, Internet Access – Wireless, and Free Wi-Fi in all Rooms! Okay, here's the deal with the internet. They offer Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! (and in Wi-Fi in public areas). That’s awesome! It’s faster some places than others. My room was pretty solid, but the gym? Sometimes… cough, cough, buffering. But listen, you're in Brazil! Slow down! I mean Internet [LAN] access is also available if you need it for business.

Things To Do & Ways to Relax: Spa, Sun, and Seriously Good Food

Things to do, yeah, Recife is amazing. But back to the hotel! Oh, the swimming pool [outdoor]! (and its accompanying Pool with view). I spent more hours than I’d care to admit lounging poolside, sipping cocktails (more on those later). The Fitness center isn’t huge, but it has the essentials, and who are we kidding, you need something to work off all the delicious food, right? The Spa… now that's where the magic happens.

Spa/sauna, Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Sauna, Spa, Steamroom, Swimming pool: I opted for a full-body massage, and, honestly? It was the most relaxed I’ve felt in… well, ever. The Massage therapist was a wizard! The Sauna and Steamroom are perfect after.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Adventure (Even with a Few Minor Hiccups)

Where do I even begin? The food at the Marante Plaza is seriously a highlight.

Restaurants, A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant:

Breakfast [buffet] was EPIC. Western breakfast with a Brazilian twist. The Coffee/tea in restaurant was fresh. They had everything: fresh fruit, pastries, eggs cooked to order, the works. One day, I felt like a change, and they had this amazing Asian breakfast (seriously, who knew?). And they offered Alternative meal arrangement too which really helped. The Poolside bar is where all the magic happens, the cocktails, snacks, and conversations were my favorite! Snack bar by the pool? Yes, please. Room service [24-hour]? Lifesaver after a long day of sightseeing (or, you know, napping by the pool). The Happy hour at the bar was a MUST-DO.

Drinks: The Bar is a beautiful spot with great cocktails. I really loved the Poolside bar, but you need to try the Poolside bar.

Cleanliness & Safety: Taking It Seriously (And Making Me Feel Safe)

This is where the Marante Plaza really shines. I'm talking Anti-viral cleaning products, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment. They take hygiene and safety seriously. I felt completely safe there. The staff are incredibly diligent, and you can see the effort they put in. It really made a difference.

Services and Conveniences: Beyond the Basics

Okay, so they have all the standard stuff, like Daily housekeeping, Concierge, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes. The Facilities for disabled guests are also really impressive. There are Doorman, and 24-hour front desk, which made me feel safe. But there were a few cool extras too.

Business facilities, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Cash withdrawal, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Invoice provided, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center,

The Air conditioning in public area was a lifesaver. A few other things: Airport transfer was easy. And I used Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site].

For the Kids:

I don't have any kids of my own, but I saw a few families having a blast. They have Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal. Definitely a good choice for families!

Getting Around:

Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking are all easy to use.

**Overall Verdict

Hoang Hai Hotel Haiphong: Your Luxurious Vietnamese Getaway Awaits!

Book Now

Marante Plaza Hotel Recife Brazil

Marante Plaza Hotel Recife Brazil

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into my botched but beautiful attempt at vacationing at the Marante Plaza Hotel in Recife, Brazil. This wasn't exactly a meticulously planned trip, more like a panicked purchase of a flight and a prayer to the travel gods. Let's see how it went…

Day 1: Arrival and the Existential Dread of Bad Air Conditioning

  • Morning (6:00 AM, Recife Time): Ugh. The red-eye from [Home City] was a disaster. I swear, the guy next to me snored like a rusty lawnmower. Finally landed in Recife, bleary-eyed and clutching a coffee that tasted suspiciously of airport sadness. The airport was… well, an airport. Immigration was fine, thankfully. I'd prepped my "I'm just here to admire the architecture and eat pastries" persona. It worked.
  • Morning (9:00 AM): Taxi to the Marante Plaza. The driver seemed to think he was auditioning for a rally race. We nearly took out a fruit stand. I clung to my seat, muttering a prayer to Saint Anthony (patron saint of lost things, desperately hoping my luggage wasn't among them).
  • Mid-morning (10:00 AM): Checked in. The lobby was… okay. Maybe a little too much floral print for my taste. The room, however, was a different story. It was… hot. Like, Sahara Desert hot. The air conditioning was sputtering and wheezing like an asthmatic parrot. This sets the tone for the next few days.
  • Afternoon (12:00 PM): Attempted lunch at the hotel restaurant. Found out it was an expensive exercise in the culinary disappointment. The grilled fish tasted like it had been sunbathing on a beach for a week. Gave up, went back to my room, and stared at the air conditioner, contemplating my life choices.
  • Afternoon (2:00 PM): Attempted to nap. Air conditioning was a joke. Sweat trickled down my back. Seriously, I felt like a contestant on a survival reality show, except my only challenge was staying cool. Failed nap.
  • Late Afternoon (4:00 PM): Attempted to fix the air conditioner. No luck. Called the front desk. (In Portuguese, which is like trying to speak Martian when you're half-asleep and frustrated.) They promised someone would come. No one came.
  • Evening (7:00 PM): Gave up on the air conditioning. Went out for a walk along the beach. Recife is beautiful, I'll give it that. The ocean air, however, was only marginally cooler than my room. Sat on the sand, watched the waves, and felt the existential dread of bad AC slowly melting away.
  • Evening (9:00 PM): Dinner at a beachfront "chiringuito." Ordered a caipirinha. Drank two. The world became a slightly more pleasant place. Ate some delicious, and I mean delicious, grilled shrimp. Things were looking up… until I went back to the room. Air conditioning still wheezing. Cursed, went to bed, and prayed for a miracle, or at least a functioning fan.

Day 2: The Day I Fell in Love with a Pastry (and Developed Mild Sunburn)

  • Morning (6:00 AM): Woke up drenched and miserable. Still no AC fix. Decided to embrace the heat. This is the moment I try to be a "glass half full" person.
  • Morning (8:00 AM): Breakfast at the hotel. The buffet was… better than the lunch. Discovered the pão de queijo. These little cheesy puffs of heaven? I ate approximately a million of them. My love for them became an obsession. I wanted to marry them, to build a life together.
  • Late Morning (9:30 AM): Explored the neighborhood of Boa Viagem. Colorful buildings, busy streets, and a general sense of organized chaos. Decided to walk along the beach promenade, because why not cook myself a bit.
  • Morning (11:30 AM): Developed a mild sunburn. Apparently, my "shade-seeking skills" need some work. Also, it's blazing hot.
  • Afternoon (1:00 PM): Lunch at a local restaurant. Ate moqueca (fish stew). Pretty good! But not pão de queijo good. NOTHING is pão de queijo good.
  • Afternoon (3:00 PM): Attempted to visit the Ricardo Brennand Institute. The museums were closed. Defeated, I retreated back to the hotel to find the air conditioner in the same condition as the day before. Contemplation is my hobby know.
  • Late Afternoon (4:00 PM): This is when I really started to get used to the climate. I sat by the pool. Took a dive, and felt refreshed. I was starting to feel more at home.
  • Evening (7:00 PM): Back at the beachfront chiringuito. Another caipirinha. This time, ordered two just in case. Ate more grilled shrimp. Felt almost human again.
  • Evening (9:00 PM): Strolled the beach. Watched the waves. Fell a little bit in love with Recife, despite its flaws. The air conditioning, however, remained a cruel joke.

Day 3: The Day The Air Conditioner Gave Up, and I Learned to Embrace the Sweat

  • Morning (6:00 AM): Woke up. Air conditioner? Dead. Flatlined. Gave up on life. Called the front desk. They promised a new room.
  • Morning (8:00 AM): Transferred to a new room! The new room does not have functional AC, but, at least, it works as well a the old one.
  • Morning (9:00 AM): Went back to my beloved pão de queijo. Ate enough to fuel a small nation's army.
  • Morning (10:00 AM): Took an attempt to see Olinda. This city is a beauty, full of history and culture, with colorful buildings and winding streets. I got slightly lost, saw beautiful things, and wandered around until my legs ached.
  • Afternoon (2:00 PM): Back to the hotel. The air conditioner? Still a no-show. I officially gave up. Embraced the sweat. Became one with the humidity. Started referring to myself as "a walking tropical plant."
  • Afternoon (4:00 PM): Attempted a spa treatment at the hotel. The massage was nice, but I am not sure if the AC worked there, as I would have to rate it a solid "meh".
  • Evening (7:00 PM): Tried a different restaurant. Still no pão de queijo, but the food was decent. Started to realize how many amazing restaurants there are in Recife, that I didn't had the time to try.
  • Evening (9:00 PM): Sat on my balcony, looking at the ocean, and realizing that, hey, despite the air conditioning debacle, I'd actually had a pretty good time. Recife had its charm, its food was delicious, and I'd made peace with my perpetually damp state.

Day 4: Departure and the Last Pão de Queijo

  • Morning (6:00 AM): Ate breakfast. Ate the last of the pão de queijo. Had a moment of silence to honor its memory.
  • Morning (8:00 AM): Checked out. Said goodbye to the wheezing AC unit.
  • Morning (9:00 AM): Taxi to the airport. Prayed for a smooth flight home.
  • Departure: Goodbye, Recife! You were hot. You were challenging. Your air conditioning was a disaster. But you also had amazing food, friendly people, and a certain undeniable charm. And, most importantly, you had pão de queijo. I will never forget you.
  • Post-Trip: Already planning my return. And next time, I'm taking my own portable air conditioner. And stocking up on pão de queijo.
Bali's Volcano View Paradise: Volcano 3 Hotel Awaits!

Book Now

Marante Plaza Hotel Recife Brazil

Marante Plaza Hotel Recife Brazil

Escape to Paradise: Marante Plaza Hotel - Recife's Jewel? (Let's be Honest!)

Okay, spill it. Is the Marante Plaza Hotel actually as good as the pictures?

Honestly? It depends. Look, those lobby photos? *Glamorous*. The pool overlooking the beach? Sigh-worthy. But, and this is a *big* but…reality has a way of, shall we say, *adjusting* to expectations. I'd say...mostly yes. The location? Unbeatable. Right on Boa Viagem beach, the waves are practically *beckoning* you. But, I've had a suite and the bathroom had a tiny, tiny crack on the tiles, and the view, even though it was beach-facing, wasn't... oh, it was *good*, but it wasn't like a movie. You know? Like, some palm trees partially blocked it. But hey, I'm not complaining. It was great – it was just… real.

What's the vibe like at Marante Plaza? Is it all just honeymooners and business suits?

Vibe? A good mix. Definitely a fair share of couples, but you get families, some solo travelers, even a few… eccentric old aunts (like mine!). It's not like a super-rowdy party place, thank God. It's more relaxed, chill. You could totally rock your beachwear all day. I think It's a solid choice for most, but it could swing either way depending on your preference. However, the hotel has a relaxed atmosphere, but I’d be lying if I said I didn't see a few grumpy-looking business guys scowling at the happy families, and that can definitely bring down the mood.

Is it safe around the hotel? Recife in general?

Okay, let's talk safety. Recife, like any big city, has its moments. Boa Viagem beach area, where the Marante is? Generally pretty safe during the day, especially along the main strip. But, listen to me: don’t strut around flashing expensive jewelry at night. Be aware of your surroundings. I actually witnessed a minor… *incident* one evening, a quick grab-and-go near the beach, but the hotel had security patrols, and everything stayed under control. The hotel felt like a little bubble of security, but yeah, be smart. Don't wander off alone down dark alleys. Use common sense—that's the best safety tip of all.

Tell me about the rooms. Are they as luxurious as they look?

The rooms... okay, let's be real. They're *nice*. Not exactly "over-the-top-luxury". But, and it's a big but, they're comfortable. Air conditioning that actually *works* (crucial in Recife!), comfortable beds, good Wi-Fi (thank God!), and most important of all, clean. That’s a big plus. The balconies with ocean views are a serious selling point. One minor gripe – the decor is a bit…well, let's call it "classic". Not exactly minimalist chic, but it's clean and well-maintained. I actually felt like I was in my grandmother's old house with a modern hotel feel…but hey, who doesn’t love a sentimental feeling? Overall a good value for what you pay.

What about the pool and beach access?

The pool? Beautiful. That infinity view over the ocean? Swoon-worthy. But, and there's *always* a but, it can get crowded. The sun loungers are in high demand, and people tend to hog them. Get there early if you want a prime spot. Beach access is fantastic! You literally walk out the hotel and you're *on the sand*. The waves are gorgeous, but they can be pretty strong. There are lifeguards, thank goodness, but be careful! I saw a few near-drownings (okay, dramatic but the undercurrents are no joke). The beach vendors are everywhere, so be prepared for a constant stream of people trying to sell you something.

Is there a gym or spa? What's the food like?

Yes, there's a gym, which is…well, it's there. Decent enough equipment. I *tried* to go once but got distracted by the view. The spa? I didn’t personally try it, but I heard good things. And the food! Breakfast is a *feast*. So many options – fruit, pastries, eggs, everything. Dinner at the hotel restaurant is decent, and the location is great. The staff are really, really kind and helpful. The only thing is, I’d recommend eating out at least some of the time. There are so many amazing restaurants in Recife.

What is the breakfast buffet like, really?

Breakfast? Oh, breakfast is a highlight. It's a proper Brazilian feast. Loads of fresh fruit, from mangoes to papayas, all bursting with flavor. There's always a stunning display of pastries – seriously, try the pão de queijo (cheese bread)! A little bit of everything. The coffee is strong; just how I like it. One day, I swear, I ate enough fruit to power a small nation. It's pretty amazing. Even if you're not a breakfast person, you should make an exception for this buffet. You won't regret it.

Are there restaurants near the hotel?

Yes! Literally tons. Boa Viagem is lined with restaurants of all kinds. From casual pizza places to fancy seafood joints. Some are pricey, some are cheap. Some are tourist traps, some are hidden gems. Definitely explore. I had an AMAZING meal at a little place a few blocks down - real authentic local cuisine, and not a tourist in sight. Ask the staff for recommendations; they know where the good stuff is. Just remember, the restaurants can get crowded – especially on weekends. Book in advance, or be prepared to wait. Or, you know, just grab a pizza. No shame in that.

What was your absolute best experience at the hotel?

Okay, brace yourself. This is gonna sound cheesy, but...it was sunset. Every single evening, I made a point of watching the sunset from my balcony. The sky would explode with color – oranges, pinks, purples. The waves crashing on the beach, the palm trees swaying inStay Classy Hotels

Marante Plaza Hotel Recife Brazil

Marante Plaza Hotel Recife Brazil

Marante Plaza Hotel Recife Brazil

Marante Plaza Hotel Recife Brazil