
Montpellier Getaway: Unbeatable Holiday Inn Express Odysseum Deal!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the Montpellier Getaway: Unbeatable Holiday Inn Express Odysseum Deal! And let me tell you, after wrestling with the internet and my own brain, I'm ready to spill the tea (or, you know, the free Wi-Fi tea!). This isn’t your boring, cookie-cutter review; this is the real deal, folks. Expect some side trips, a bit of rambling, and hopefully, a whole lotta laughs.
First Impressions & Accessibility (or, "Can I Actually Get There?" and "Will I Need a Wheelchair?")
Okay, so the headline screams "Unbeatable Deal!" which, I'm inherently suspicious of, but the Holiday Inn Express Odysseum is a contender. First things first: Accessibility. This is HUGE for me. I'm not in a wheelchair, but I appreciate hotels that think about everyone. This place claims to have Facilities for disabled guests, which is a good start. We’ll see. And hey, there's an Elevator! Score one for vertical mobility. Good. I’d be a disaster if they didn’t have that.
Getting Connected & Staying Connected (because, duh, internet)
Alright, vital stuff. Internet access is a must now. This is where this place really shines – they KNOW we need a connection. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms?! YES! And it seems they also offer Internet [LAN], which is a throwback, but hey, if you're into that, go for it. Wi-Fi in public areas? Check. So far so good. A solid digital foundation, I'd say.
Things to Do (and, Let's Be Honest, the Potential for Intense Relaxation)
This is where I start to daydream. They boast a Fitness center. Hmm. I say I'll use it. I promise myself I'll use it. In reality, I'll probably just stare at it longingly whilst I'm wolfing down a croissant from the breakfast buffet. Then, we are going to have a Spa/Sauna? This is a promising sign. Sauna, Steamroom, Pool with view, Swimming pool [outdoor] – all promising. We're talking serious unwinding territory. The pool with view sounds…well, bougie, let’s be honest. That's where I wanna be.
I'm also a sucker for a good Massage. So, fingers crossed they have the right kind of Spa. I’m picturing myself, stress melting away, while I sip a juice. In reality, I'll probably be fidgety and chatty with the masseuse.
Cleanliness & Safety (Because, You Know, Not Dying is a Plus)
Right, let's talk about the scary stuff. In these bizarre times, the hotel lists a bunch of Cleanliness and safety measures, which is great. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment. Holy moly, that's a lot. I would hope they have it, it's the bare minimum!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (Or, "Where Can I Find the Good Food?")
This is where things get REALLY interesting. They mention an Asian breakfast and Asian cuisine in restaurant. I'm a sucker for that. Western breakfast and Western cuisine in restaurant too. So, even if the Asian thing fails, there is still food. Breakfast [buffet] sounds good.
A la carte in restaurant gives me more choices. Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant. They have a Bar. I’m in. And as an added bonus, there is a Poolside bar. Oh, yes. Room service [24-hour]? Now we are talking. And, hey, they have a Snack bar. I can see it now: me, pool-side, with a cocktail AND a snack. I'm in heaven.
Services and Conveniences (aka "Will They Do My Laundry, Please?")
The usual suspects: Daily housekeeping, Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Concierge, Cash withdrawal. They also have Facilities for disabled guests. Good. They have a Gift/souvenir shop. And a Convenience store. They also have Car park [free of charge]! This is AMAZING.
And a Doorman? I feel fancy.
For the Kids (Bless Them!…Mostly)
This is a tricky one. They have Babysitting service. They have Kids facilities. They say they are Family/child friendly. And, most importantly, a Kids meal. It all sounds good. However, I can’t pretend to know how good this is in practice.
Rooms, Rooms, Glorious Rooms! (AKA "Where Will I Lay My Weary Head?")
This is the core. The non-smoking rooms. Air conditioning. Daily housekeeping. Free Wi-Fi. Coffee/tea maker…all the basics are present and accounted for. Air conditioning in a hot country? THANK. GOD.
It's the details that make or break a stay, right? Extra long bed? Yes, please. Blackout curtains? Crucial for a good sleep. Bathrobes? Luxury! Slippers? The small things. Makes me feel like a rockstar.
My Verdict and (Shameless) Offer!
Okay, so here is my stream-of-consciousness, slightly chaotic verdict on the Montpellier Getaway: Unbeatable Holiday Inn Express Odysseum Deal!:
It seems like a solid choice. Clean, has all the important internet access. The amenities are good, especially the pool. The safety measures in these current times are a definite plus. The food choices seem promising.
Here’s My Pitch for You:
Stop scrolling! Book now (like, RIGHT NOW) because this is not just a hotel stay, it's a potential escape! Seriously! Consider this:
- Sun-drenched Days: Imagine lounging by the pool with a view, cocktail in hand, stress melting away.
- Culinary Adventures: From Asian Breakfast to late-night snacks, your taste buds will be on an international tour.
- Digital Freedom: Free Wi-Fi in every room means you can stay connected or disconnect, whatever floats your boat.
- Relaxation Central: The spa/sauna and general relaxing stuff…It is probably a once-in-a-year luxury.
- Peace of Mind: With their enhanced safety measures, you can relax and actually enjoy your vacation.
Grab this Montpellier Getaway: Unbeatable Holiday Inn Express Odysseum Deal! because… well, why not? Life's too short to be stuck at your desk.
Hanoi Haven: Stunning 1-Bed Park Hill 7 Apartment!
Okay, buckle up, buttercup. This isn't your grandma's itinerary. We're going to Montpellier, specifically the Holiday Inn Express Odysseum, and trust me, we're gonna feel it, every single croissant crumb and existential crisis along the way.
Montpellier Mayhem: A Human's Guide to (Possibly) Surviving Holiday Inn Express Odysseum & Beyond
Day 1: Arrival & Mild Panic
Morning (ish) - The Great Migration: Arrive at Montpellier Airport (MPL). Ugh. Airports. They always smell faintly of stale coffee and regret. Grab a rental car. Pray to the Gods of GPS that it doesn't fail me. This is my first big French road trip, and my French is what you'd charitably call "functional." Functional in the sense that I can order a beer. Might need to do that immediately after the car rental experience.
- Anecdote: Last time I tried driving in Europe I ended up in a one-way street in Rome. Don't ask. Let's just say it involved a lot of panicked hand gestures and a very confused Italian ice cream vendor.
Afternoon - The Hotel Hunt & First Impressions… (Good or Bad): Navigate, hopefully successfully, to the Holiday Inn Express Odysseum. Finding the place is easy, thankfully. Parking is…well, it's there. My first impression? Clean lines! This ain't a dive, which, after the flight, is a huge relief. The lobby smells faintly of air freshener and that generic hotel scent, and it's better than stale coffee. Check-in. Smile. Pray the receptionist speaks English (they do!). Drop off the luggage. The room is decent, a surprisingly pleasant surprise! Basic, but clean and the AC works!
- Quirky Observation: Why do hotel beds always feel so inviting? Like a fluffy white siren song luring you into a nap you desperately need but know you shouldn't take. Resist! We must conquer Montpellier, even though the bed is winning.
Evening - Odyssey Time! (Or Just Dinner): Time to explore the Odysseum shopping center. It's HUGE. I mean, massive. I'm not really a shopping person, but gotta see what's what. Dinner somewhere… well, the reviews on Google are…mixed. Gotta trust my gut here. I'm thinking pizza. Comfort food is a must on Day 1.
- Emotional Reaction: Jet lag is kicking in. I'm simultaneously hungry and exhausted. Is it a sign of weakness to order a pizza? Perhaps. Am I going to do it anyway? Absolutely. This is the vacation for self-care.
Day 2: History, Heartbreak (Maybe), & a Lot More Food
Morning - Center of it all. Getting into the old city. Walk to the Place de la Comédie, Montpellier's beating heart. Take some pictures of the architecture!. Soak it in! Feel the history!
- Messy Structure: Okay, so history is fine and all. But I will admit, I'm more excited about the prospect of a proper French breakfast. Croissants! Pain au chocolat! Coffee that actually tastes like… well, coffee. So good!!
Afternoon - A Quick Trip to the Jardin des Plantes (If I Have the Energy!): The oldest botanical garden in France. If I haven't completely melted down by now. It's supposed to be beautiful. I'm envisioning myself wandering serene, contemplating the wonders of flora.
Opinionated Language: Look, I want to be a nature person. I really do. But sometimes, the reality of sweaty feet and unfamiliar bugs clashes with the romantic ideal. We shall see.
Anecdote: Last time I tried a botanical garden, I got incredibly lost, and then stung by a bee. Fingers crossed for redemption.
Evening - Dinner. Part 2. And Wine. Possibly Tears (Hopefully Not): Dinner in the Écusson district. I'm aiming for something a little more "authentic" tonight. Seafood, maybe? Whatever it is, it needs to be delicious. And I need wine. Lots of wine.
- Emotional Reaction: This is where the vacation starts to feel real. The smells, the sounds, the people… it's all just… different. And in a good way. It's like I’m slowly dissolving into the French lifestyle. I swear, by the end of this, I'm going to want to wear striped shirts, smoke cigarettes, and complain about American food. But, for now, I would like a meal that does not suck.
Day 3: The Beach, & the Sweet Taste of Freedom (or Sand)
Morning - Beach Day! (If the Weather Cooperates!): Okay, the big one. Head to the coast. The Mediterranean! Palavas-les-Flots? La Grande Motte? The decision is a torturous one. The car is gonna be the death of me.
- Stream-of-consciousness: Sand. Sunscreen. Waves. Sunstroke? Okay, don't overthink it. Pack the essentials: towel, book, sunglasses, and a healthy dose of optimism.
Afternoon - Embrace the Beach: Actual beach time, maybe a swim, some lazy reading, and maybe, just maybe, a nap on the sand.
- Imperfections: Okay, the beach will probably be crowded. And I'll probably end up with sand everywhere. In my hair, between my toes, in my snacks. But who cares? Beach!
Evening - Back to Reality (kinda): Dinner near the hotel. Rest up for the flight.
Day 4: Departure & the Lingering Taste of Croissants
Morning - Coffee, Contemplation, and Packing: One last (hopefully perfect) breakfast. Coffee and croissant perfection. Pack up (always the worst part). Check out.
Afternoon - The Airport Escape: Return the car (praying everything goes smoothly!). Board the plane. Head home. Reflect on the trip.
Evening - Home Sweet Home (or maybe not): Land. Unpack. Start planning the next trip. Because, let's be honest, a few days in Montpellier isn't nearly enough.
Final Thoughts:
This isn't just a trip. It's an adventure. It's a mess. It's real. Prepare for the good, the bad, and the utterly hilarious moments that await you in Montpellier. And remember: embrace the imperfections. That's where the memories are made. Bon voyage!
Uncover the Secrets of Cornsay's Old Colliery Stables: A UK Hidden Gem!
Montpellier Getaway: Holiday Inn Express Odysseum - Let's Talk Deals!
Right, so you're thinking Montpellier? Smart move. Sunshine, history, and enough rosé to drown a small, very happy, goat. And this Holiday Inn Express Odysseum deal? Sounds fantastic. But, like, can it really be *that* good? Let's dive in, shall we? Prepare for some real talk, because frankly, travel brochures give me hives.
Okay, spill it. Is this deal actually a steal? Like, not just a "slightly-less-painful-than-usual-robbery" steal?
Okay, first of all, breathe. I checked. And, yes, mostly? It depends. Are you looking for the Eiffel Tower views and Michelin-starred brunches? No. Are you looking for a solid, well-located basecamp for exploring Montpellier and maybe even the Languedoc-Roussillon region? Absolutely. I mean, I've stayed in places that cost *more* and offered *less*. The value is definitely there. Especially if you're not planning on spending all day in the hotel room. Think: clean, functional, and close to the Odysseum shopping center (more on that later...it's a mixed bag, I'm warning you). And the included breakfast? Saves you money on what would otherwise be extortionate French cafe prices. Genius.
So, the Odysseum. What's the deal with *that*? I've heard whispers...
Ah, the Odysseum. Prepare yourself. It's like... a slightly chaotic, slightly overwhelming, but ultimately convenient, portal to consumerism. Okay, that's harsh. It's big. Really big. Shops, restaurants, an aquarium (which is actually quite good, I'll admit). You've got your chains, your movie theaters... it's all there. Think of it as a giant, air-conditioned safety net. Did I *love* it? No. Did it occasionally save my sanity when I was craving a late-night burrito (yes, they have a burrito place!)? Absolutely. The location of the hotel is fantastic for the Odysseum if you want to spend a couple of hours there. Just don't go expecting authentic French village charm.
What's the lowdown on the hotel rooms themselves? Are we talking "motel 6 in disguise?"
Okay, deep breaths. It's a Holiday Inn Express. Temper your expectations accordingly. Think: clean, modern, functional. The beds are decent. The showers work. Crucially, the air conditioning works (trust me, Montpellier summers are NO JOKE). There's free Wi-Fi (thank God). The rooms are smallish, but perfectly adequate for sleeping and showering. Don't expect a luxurious suite with a balcony overlooking the Mediterranean. You're paying for a practical base, not a palace. The biggest plus? Noise. The hotel's pretty soundproof, so you're less likely to hear the symphony of traffic or the other guest's questionable karaoke choices.
Breakfast. The ultimate hotel deal breaker (for me, anyway). Worth it?
YES! The breakfast is decent. Continental style, with some hot options. Loads of pastries (hello, pain au chocolat!), cereal, eggs, coffee, juice. It's not gourmet, but it's plentiful and free. And honestly, waking up and not having to worry about foraging for sustenance is a massive win, especially when you're battling jet lag or a lingering hangover from the previous night's rosé consumption (which, let's be honest, is inevitable). The coffee's passable. The pastries are good enough to keep me happy. And that's all that matters in the morning, right? Actually, there was one time... I got there late and the croissants were a bit...stale. I may or may not have complained, very politely, to the staff. They did replace them, which was appreciated. Okay, I'm rambling. The breakfast is worth it!
How's the location for actually *seeing* Montpellier? Is it a pain in the, well, you know?
Okay, crucial. The Odysseum area isn't in the *immediate* city center. You're a tram ride away. But! The tram is super convenient and frequent. It's a very short ride, like maybe 10 minutes. The tram stop is right outside, which means, as someone who is chronically late, it's perfect. You can be exploring the Place de la Comédie, the old city, and all the gorgeous historical stuff in no time. Plus, you’re close to the beaches, too. I loved that about the location; I have spent all morning in the city, drinking coffee, and then it was a case of just a short tram ride to the beach. Perfection. I am very un-French in that, that is my favorite way to spend a day: a bit of culture, then pure relaxation.
Any hidden downsides? Things the brochures *won't* tell me?
Alright, here's the real talk. Firstly, parking. If you drive, it's not free. It's in a secure parking garage. Factor that into your budget (and your sanity, dealing with French traffic can be a sport). Second: the immediate area, while functional, isn't the prettiest. You won't be stepping out of the hotel into postcard-perfect streets. You'll be stepping into a shopping center car park. The lighting is a bit... harsh. Thirdly, remember that breakfast-croissant incident I mentioned? Stuff happens. Be prepared for minor imperfections. Finally: the elevator can be slow. If you're impatiently pacing, you might be better taking the stairs.
Okay, you've convinced me. But, what about... *things to do* around there? Beyond the shops and the pretty city center?
Beyond the obvious stuff? Do this:
- Beach Day! Seriously. Montpellier is close to some amazing beaches. Palavas-les-Flots is easily accessible by bus, or Sete is great for a day trip.
- Wine Tasting! The Languedoc-Roussillon region is known for its wine. Hire a car, if possible, or join a tour. Seriously worth it.
- Canal du Midi Cycle! Hire a bike and cycle along the Canal du Midi. Picturesque and a great way to experience the region.
- Explore the surrounding villages: Villages in this region are amazing, like Aigues-Mortes for a medieval city.
So, the bottom line: Would you stay again?

