
La ColocXL La Ciotat: Your Dream French Riviera Coliving Awaits!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving HEADFIRST into La ColocXL La Ciotat: Your Dream French Riviera Coliving Awaits! And let me tell you, after trawling through about a million hotel reviews, I'm ready to spill the REAL TEA. This isn't a perfectly polished brochure; this is real life, folks. So grab your metaphorical (or literal, I'm not judging) beret and let's go!
Okay, First Things First: The Vibe (and the Jitters)
Honestly? The "dream French Riviera coliving" promise gave me the major heebie-jeebies. Coliving? Sounds like a hostel, and I'm, shall we say, discerning about my sleeping arrangements. But… the pictures. The pictures! Crystal-clear turquoise water. Stylish, sun-drenched terraces. And hey, I’m French Riviera-curious. But I also have to be honest with myself: My French is… let's call it "emerging." So, the whole "coliving" angle was still a little…intimidating. But still, I looked a little bit further.
Accessibility – The Good, The Potentially Tricky
Okay, so, the nitty-gritty. First off: Wheelchair accessible? The information is a little…sparse. It mentions "Facilities for disabled guests," which is a good start, but not as explicit as I'd like. Call ahead. ASK. Specifically. Don't rely on just the marketing fluff. Accessibility is HUGE, and I demand transparency. There is an Elevator, which is a HUGE win.
My main question is the level of the beach. And how much "French Riviera" is involved. I want to know if I can easily get to the beach. Being "close" isn't good enough!
Speaking of getting around…
Airport transfer? Fantastic! I'm all about not fumbling with public transport when I'm jetlagged and yearning for a rosé. Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site]? Yes! Parking on the French Riviera is like finding a unicorn. Having options is key. I'm seeing Bicycle parking as well, which is a great sign!
Internet and the Digital Nomad Life – Will You Survive?
Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Okay, now we're talking. That's a non-negotiable for me. We have Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless. And a whole bunch of internet services. Good. Because, let's be real, I'm a writer, and "work from anywhere" is my whole damn LIFE. The internet is KEY to my survival. And there are Wi-Fi for special events, which sounds pretty professional, in case I need to hold a meeting.
I just hope it’s fast! I’ve been burned by dodgy hotel Wi-Fi before. Pure torture.
Things To Do & Ways To Relax – Oh, La La! (Maybe…)
This is where La ColocXL La Ciotat really starts to get my attention.
- Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor] Oh yes. Essential.
- Pool with view – SOLD. Bring on the Instagrammable moments.
- Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom – Okay, this is getting dangerous for my wallet. I love a good spa day.
- Fitness center – Gotta balance the rosé intake, right?
- Massage - Oh, yes please.
But here's the thing: Sometimes these "amenities" are just…there. Like, a sad little gym in a closet. I really hope this is legit. I want fluffy robes and treatments, not a dusty treadmill in the basement.
Cleanliness and Safety – Let's Be Real
Okay, COVID era. We are a little bit obsessed, aren't we? And it's important.
- Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment. Wow, that's a LOT of layers! It sounds like someone's taken this seriously.
- First aid kit, Doctor/nurse on call - very reassuring.
- CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour] – Makes me feel secure.
- Non-smoking rooms, Soundproof rooms – Yes!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – Vive le Food! (Hopefully)
This is where I'm REALLY picky. I live to eat, and travel is all about trying new food.
- I saw: A la carte in restaurant, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant. Okay, that's a pretty comprehensive list.
- Alternative meal arrangement. Sounds great if you have dietary requirements.
- Happy hour. Sold. I want my Aperol Spritz.
- I just hope there's some AMAZING local seafood and fresh croissants!
- Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service. – Awesome for those lazy mornings.
Services and Conveniences – The Nitty Gritty
- Air conditioning in public area, Air conditioning – Essential in the summer!
- Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests – Excellent. I love a concierge for local tips and reservations.
- Food delivery - So useful if you can't be bothered leave your room.
- Gift/souvenir shop - essential.
- Indoor venue for special events, Outdoor venue for special events, – Good for bigger groups.
- Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes – All the basics covered.
For the Kids – Is It Truly Family-Friendly?
- Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal – This is a HUGE plus for families.
The Rooms – What About THE ROOM?
Okay, now for the crucial stuff. We have Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, and Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
- This is a really comprehensive list.
- I really hope the beds are comfy, and the linens are high quality!
- And of course, the coffee maker better be decent. I can't function without coffee.
- Non-smoking? Thank goodness.
- Extra long bed? YES! As a taller person, I really appreciate that!
The Verdict – Should You Book?
Okay, so here's the brutally honest truth. I haven't been to La ColocXL La Ciotat. But based on the information, I'm cautiously optimistic. It sounds great.
Here's My Slightly Unhinged, But Honest, Offer:
Are you dreaming of a glamorous escape to the French Riviera, but dreading the stuffy hotels and impersonal experiences? Then LISTEN UP! Forget clichéd tourism. Forget feeling like just another tourist. Embrace the authentic charm of the French Riviera with La ColocXL La Ciotat!
Here's what makes this coliving experience a cut above the rest:
- Stunning Location: Imagine waking up to panoramic views, steps from turquoise waters, and the essence of the French Riviera.
- Relaxation Redefined: Dive into the outdoor pool, detox in the sauna, or indulge in a revitalizing massage. Feel your stress melt away in the sun-drenched spa.
- Indulge Your Senses: Savor exquisite cuisine, sip cocktails at sunset, and discover the culinary delights of the French Riviera. From the chic poolside bar to the varied restaurant offerings, every meal is an experience.
- Connected & Convenient: Stay connected with lightning-fast Wi-Fi throughout the property. Enjoy hassle-free amenities, including

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this trip to La Ciotat… well, let’s just say it’s not going to be your perfectly curated Instagram grid. Think more… a drunken photo album found in a dusty attic.
La ColocXL La Ciotat: A Week of Sun, Sea, and Possibly Mild Melancholy (and Definitely Hangover)
Day 1: Arrival & Initial Panic (and Possibly a Melted Ice Cream Incident)
- Morning (6:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Flight finally lands. Marseille airport. Honestly, didn't sleep a wink on the plane, mostly because of the screaming toddler behind me who really didn't appreciate my attempts at silent judgement. The customs line? A slow-motion epic of passport photos and questionable hygiene choices. Finally! Get my rental car – a little Fiat Bumblebee, bless its heart, that smells faintly of stale cigarettes and optimism. I mean, it’s French. What did I expect?
- Anecdote: Okay, so I got lost leaving the airport. Repeatedly. The GPS kept screaming at me in rapid-fire French, which, despite my best efforts in Duolingo (which, let's be honest, mostly involved learning how to ask for a pain au chocolat), was utterly unintelligible. Ended up relying on the universal language of frantic pointing and a lot of smiling.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Finally, La ColocXL. A charming, slightly crumbling building. The description said "rustic charm." I'm going with "charmingly rustic." The view? Absolutely stunning. Right onto the harbor. My room? Well, it’s definitely a room. Possibly a tiny postage stamp. The bed looks like it might be made of concrete, but whatever. Sunshine beats concrete.
- Impression: Okay, this place is PERFECT, except for the lack of Wi-Fi working and the fact there doesn't seem to be any air conditioning. I'm gonna sweat like a pig in this heat.
- Imperfection: My carefully purchased gelato melted halfway to the apartment. It was all over my hand and dripping down my arm. A true tragedy.
- Evening (5:00 PM - Midnight): Exploration time! Wandered through the port. Ordered my first meal at the terrace. I ordered the bouillabaisse. A religious experience. The fish was so fresh it might've just jumped from the sea onto my plate. Walked along the coast and watched the sunset. This is what life is all about.
- Quirky Observation: The French people are VERY stylish, even when they're just popping out for bread. I, on the other hand, may have worn the same travel clothes for the last 36 hours. Don't judge.
Day 2: Sunburn, Sailing, and the Bitter Taste of Crêpes
- Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Woke up with a burning face – the delightful souvenir of forgetting to apply sunscreen (lesson learned, I think). Managed to drag myself to a local bakery for croissants. They were heaven. Simple perfection.
- Rambling: I'm starting to think I might actually learn to live here.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Sailing trip! Booked a small boat tour. The sea was a sparkling turquoise, and the wind whipped through my hair. Spent way too much money on a bottle of rosé. No regrets. Saw some gorgeous hidden beaches and caves and felt like a pirate captain
- Opinion: This was the highlight of the trip so far!
- Evening (5:00 PM - Midnight): Crêpe disaster. Found a crepe stand on the way back. Ordered a Nutella crêpe. The guy got the order wrong, was grumpy and served me a ham and cheese crepe. I tried to be polite, but I hate ham and cheese so I ended up just throwing it away. The thought still haunts me. Sat near the port, watched the stars. A bit of a bittersweet feeling.
- Emotion: Felt a pang of loneliness. Sometimes you just need someone to share a crêpe with. Even a bad one.
Day 3: Exploring the Calanques: A Tale of Hiking and Humiliation.
- Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Determined to be a proper tourist, I headed off to the Calanques - the rugged, stunning inlets along the coast. The hike was… challenging, to say the least. I probably should have checked the difficulty level.
- Imperfections: I definitely wore the wrong shoes. And promptly tripped, resulting in a scraped knee, a slightly torn t-shirt, and a whole lot of mud.
- Anecdote: Met a couple of seasoned hikers who looked like they'd just casually strolled out of a Lululemon catalogue. They gave me some water and, I swear, tried not to laugh at my red face and general state of disarray.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Finally made it to the beach! Crystal clear water, a glorious view. Spent an hour or so trying to get the sand out of every crevice.
- Opinion: Totally worth it. The scenery was breathtaking.
- Evening (5:00 PM - Midnight): Found a little restaurant tucked away in a side street. Fantastic seafood pasta. Ordered too much wine (again). Stumbled back to the apartment, utterly and deeply content .
Day 4: The Cinema Lumière & The Unexpected Charm of the "Village"
- Morning (10:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Visited the Eden Theatre, the oldest cinema in the world. The building itself is so beautiful.
- Quirky Observation: People really love the history here.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Wandered the "village." It's not much. A few small shops, some cafes with tables spilling out onto the streets. Started chatting to the woman behind the counter. She offered me a sample of her olives, which were so good, I bought a jar. Ended up staying and talking for an hour.
- Rambling: I keep realizing that the places always give the people. This woman was great.
- Evening (5:00 PM - Midnight): Went to a concert. Started drinking before it properly started. Had a blast. Ended up singing terribly along. The audience around me enjoyed it.
- Emotion: Pure happiness.
Day 5: Cassis & Coastal Highway Chaos
- Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Road trip to Cassis! That coastal highway is a scream. Beautiful, winding, and designed for very small French cars, not my Fiat Bambino.
- Imperfection: Nearly drove off a cliff. Twice.
- Anecdote: Saw a woman wearing a beret and smoking a cigarette. Felt like I was in a movie.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Cassis. Cute little town. Swear, I kept expecting to bump into Cary Grant. Ate some more seafood, because, hey, why not? Spent the afternoon by the harbor.
- Opinion: Very touristy, but still lovely.
- Evening (5:00 PM - Midnight): Back at the apartment. The Wi-Fi still doesn't work. Did some more star gazing. The sky is so clear here. Reminded myself I need a new phone since I dropped mine in the calanques.
Day 6: Beaches & Bookstores (and a Bit of Existential Dread, Naturally)
- Morning (10:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Beach day! Found a little cove, away from the crowds. Read a book, swam in the sea. Bliss. Then the wasps arrived. Swarms of them. I ran like a maniac.
- Imperfection: I probably looked ridiculous.
- Emotion: I’m slightly allergic to wasps. My brain went into overdrive, considering the possibility of anaphylactic shock.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Found a quaint, little bookstore in town. It smelled like old paper and possibility. Browsed for hours. Bought a book (in French, which I will probably never read).
- Quirky Observation: So many people here speak so many languages.
- Evening (5:00 PM - Midnight): Dinner at a charming restaurant, with a view of the port. The food was excellent but I had a slight case of the blues. The realization the trip was ending hit me.
- Rambling: The best trips are never the perfect ones.
Day 7: Departure & Determination (and Possibly a Slightly Sad Goodbye)
- **Morning (8:00 AM - 12:0

La ColocXL La Ciotat: FAQ - Because Reality Bites, in the Best Way Possible
What *is* La ColocXL La Ciotat, anyway? Is it just a fancy word for a shared apartment?
Okay, so, "fancy" might be a bit optimistic. It's coliving, meaning you're sharing a place with other humans. But La ColocXL? Think less frat house, more… well, a slightly messy but ultimately charming little community on the French Riviera. We're talking a charming old building, maybe a bit creaky, in La Ciotat - the most ridiculously beautiful little town you've ever seen, tucked away from all the tourists, but accessible to all the things you want. You know, beaches, sunshine, and the best damn croissants you'll ever devour. It's for digital nomads, remote workers, or anyone who wants to ditch the isolation and make some actual friends while working (or pretending to work) in paradise. Think shared spaces, communal dinners (if people actually cook, which... is a gamble), and the inherent chaos of living with other people.
Is it REALLY as idyllic as the photos? Because those sunsets… wow.
Alright, let's get REAL. The sunsets? Yes, they're genuinely that freaking spectacular. I mean, *seriously*. I've spent evenings staring at the horizon, mouth agape, feeling like I'm in a damn movie. *That* part is true. The photos? They're usually shot at golden hour, and you'll *understand* why once you're there. But… reality is messy. Like, the wifi *will* drop out at the most inconvenient moments (like when you're video conferencing with the boss). There *will* be arguments over whose turn it is to empty the dishwasher. And yes, you'll probably find a rogue sock that's *definitely* not yours. But honestly? The imperfect bits are part of the charm. They make it… real.
Who are the kinds of people who live there? Am I going to feel like an outsider?
Okay, this is the big one. The people. It’s a mixed bag, which is the point! Last time I was there, there was a software engineer who was obsessed with hiking (and apparently, coding) a financial analyst who spent all day on calls and would get super grumpy if the internet went out, and a free-spirited artist who painted the most incredible murals on the walls… of the communal space (without asking anyone, at first, which was…an experience). My own experience? I'm a writer, and I got *so much* done, which is saying *something*. I have a terrible habit of procrastinating – this place helped me get my act together! Will you feel like an outsider? Maybe, at first. It's like any new social situation. But the whole point of coliving is to *not* feel like an outsider. We're all there to connect, to build some sort of community, and to get a break from the monotony. Ultimately, if you're open-minded and willing to put yourself out there, you'll find your tribe (or at least a couple of people you enjoy sharing a bottle of rosé with).
What about the actual *living* situation? Is it… cramped? Is there a decent kitchen?
Cramped? Potentially. It depends on your room and the number of people. Remember, "coliving" means sharing. Private rooms are available, but expect to share bathrooms and, of course, the common areas. The kitchen… well, it's functional. It *has* a fridge, a stove, a microwave. Whether it's actually *clean* at any given moment is... a different story. There's a certain… *rustic* charm to the kitchen. Imagine the most chaotic, yet somehow functioning, kitchen you can think of. Then add an extra layer of French flair. It's where meal prep happens, late-night snack runs occur, and heated debates over who used the last of the olive oil sometimes take place. In my experience. the kitchen varies. Sometimes it's spotless, sometimes it resembles a crime scene involving pesto. Embrace the mess. That's part of the fun (I think).
What about the price? Is it affordable? France can be expensive!
Okay, let's be brutally honest: France *is* expensive. Especially when it comes to housing. La ColocXL aims to offering a more affordable option. You're sharing costs, which helps. You're not paying rent, gas, internet, and water, all on your own. However, it's not "budget travel" cheap. You didn't move to the French Riviera for budget travel, did you? You moved there for the… lifestyle. Factor in your budget, and what you need to save for. Is it worth it? In my honest opinion? For the experience, absolutely. For the sunsets alone? Almost.
Tell me more about the location! La Ciotat… what's it *really* like?
Ah, La Ciotat. Be prepared to absolutely fall in love. It's not like Nice or Cannes – it's far less… showy. It's a real town, with a real community. You get the feeling of an honest, authentic life, and not just a tourist trap. Picture this: cobblestone streets, the smell of fresh bread wafting from the boulangerie, the sound of the water lapping against the harbor. The markets are amazing! You can grab fresh produce, cheese, and all the other necessities for a perfect French picnic. There are beaches, obviously, but not a crazy amount of them. There’s a real charm to the place. There's this feeling that you're living a secret life somewhere gorgeous. The French Riviera, but with the volume turned down. It's… magical. Truly. And you're close enough to Marseille to get the 'Big City' feel you might need. The downside? The best ice cream shop is *very* close. And you *will* visit it… every day. Don't blame me. Blame the ice cream. *Actually*, it's worth going! The market there is *incredible* - and the boat trip just a little further out is one of the best I've taken in my life. I'd be there now if I could, to be honest.
What if I don't speak French? Can I still survive?
You *can* survive. Will it be awkward sometimes? Yes. Will you accidentally order the wrong thing at a restaurant? Maybe. Will you struggle to understand complex nuances? Absolutely. But. This is a great way to learn. People are generally patient. I would honestly suggest learning a little before going. Even some basic things... it's respectful, and it makes your life easier! Having a phrasebook or a translation app on your phone is essential. You'll have to try, but don't be ashamed! The locals are used to it. And bonus: learning a little French is actually a lot of fun. You'll get there. Eventually.

