
Escape to Paradise: Unforgettable Ben Tre Farm Stay
Escape to Paradise: Unforgettable Ben Tre Farm Stay - My Ramblings (and Actually Helpful Review!)
Alright, let's get real. Planning a trip to Ben Tre, Vietnam? You've probably stumbled across "Escape to Paradise: Unforgettable Ben Tre Farm Stay." And let me tell you, the name's not entirely hyperbole. I just got back, and my brain is still buzzing with coconut everything, boat rides, and the general, overwhelming feeling of chill. But before you book, you deserve the real deal, not just the glossy brochure. So, buckle up, because here's my messy, brutally honest, and hopefully helpful review.
First off, the big question: Accessibility? This is HUGE for me (and hopefully, you!). I'm happy to report that Escape to Paradise does have facilities for disabled guests. I saw ramps, and the staff seemed eager to assist. But (and there's always a "but," isn't there?) I didn't personally test it out fully. So, I'd recommend contacting them directly and being brutally honest about your needs beforehand. Don't be shy! Better safe than sorry. [Accessibility: Facilities for disabled guests, Elevator]
Getting There & Around: (Car Park, Airport Transfer, Taxi Service, Bicycle Parking, Car Power Charging Station, Valet Parking)
They offer Airport transfer. Score! Makes life easier. And their car park is free of charge and on-site, which is always a delight. They have a taxi service and bicycle parking. Unfortunately, I didn't see a car power charging station, but I wasn't looking for one.
Rooms: What's it really like?
Okay, the rooms. I stayed in a… well, a room. It had all the essentials: Air conditioning, Air conditioning in public area, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
And, for the record, the Wi-Fi actually worked! Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! I've seen some dodgy Wi-Fi in my time, but this was surprisingly reliable. I managed to actually get some work done (shhh, don't tell my boss). Internet access – wireless was a lifesaver, and having Internet access – LAN, too.
The bed was comfy. The bathtub was luxurious. I'm a sucker for bathrobes and slippers, and they had both! Daily housekeeping kept everything sparkling. I did miss the additional toilet, though. That's always a plus.
The Downsides? The soundproofing could be improved. You can hear some of the outside noise. So, bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper (like me!). Also, smoking area are present. Something to keep in mind if you want to avoid smoke. [Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.]
Eating, Drinking & Snacking: Food Glorious Food!
Okay, let's talk food. Because, let's be honest, that's like, 50% of the travel happiness equation.
Restaurants: They have Restaurants, and a Poolside bar for those cocktails (trust me, you need them).
What I ate: Oh, man. The Asian breakfast (and Asian cuisine in restaurant) was a revelation. Think fresh fruit, pho (the best I've ever had, possibly), and a never-ending supply of strong Vietnamese coffee. The Western breakfast and buffet in restaurant were also solid, though the local fare was much more exciting. I'm not a huge soup person, but what's a soup in restaurant?
They offered desserts in restaurant, which I partook in. They have coffee/tea in restaurant and a Coffee shop. Plus, a Snack bar. Amazing!
The Happy Hour: They also have Happy hour. Drinks were strong. My memories are a little fuzzy…
There are also options for Alternative meal arrangement and Vegetarian restaurant.
[Dining, drinking, and snacking: A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant]
The "Paradise" Part: Things to Do & Ways to Relax
This is where Escape to Paradise actually lives up to its name. Forget the work emails, the deadlines, the general existential dread. This place is built for chilling.
The Spa & Relaxation!: Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor].
I was completely obsessed with the full body massage, maybe my favorite experience. Honestly, I think I drooled a little. The spa was fantastic, and that pool with a view? Chef's kiss. I actually felt the stress melting away. They also have a sauna and a steamroom, which I didn't even have time for, and I'm kicking myself!
The Outdoor Activities: Oh, and don't forget the things to do! I took a bike tour through the local villages (the bicycle parking came in handy!) and a boat trip on the Mekong Delta (the shrine was pretty cool, too). You can also unwind in their terrace. Just be prepared for the heat… and the mosquitos (bring repellent!).
Fitness Center & Gym: They boast Fitness center and Gym/fitness.
Seriously, go. Just go.
[Things to do, ways to relax: Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]]
Safety & Cleanliness: How "Safe" is Paradise?
Alright, let's get serious for a second. The world is a bit… messy right now. So, how does Escape to Paradise handle the whole COVID situation?
Hygiene and Cleaning:
- Anti-viral cleaning products? Check.
- Daily disinfection in common areas? Check.
- Individually-wrapped food options? Check.
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter? Mostly, but not always strictly enforced in the dining area.
- Professional-grade sanitizing services? Seems like it.
- Rooms sanitized between stays? Yes.
- Safe dining setup? Yes.
- Sanitized kitchen and tableware items? Check.
- Staff trained in safety protocol? Seemed so.
- I also saw Hand sanitizer and Staff trained in safety protocol, and first aid kit.
This is important to me: They did a good job of trying to keep things clean. [Cleanliness and safety: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol]
Staff & Services: The Human Element
The staff were generally lovely. 24-hour Front desk and Concierge are available. They were friendly, helpful, and spoke decent English. They have Cash withdrawal and a Currency exchange. They did offer Dry cleaning, Invoice provided, Laundry service and Luggage storage.
Room service: Yes. Room service [24-hour], which
Unbelievable Xi'an Luxury: Starway Hotel's Dayan Tower Secret!
Alright, fine, you twisted my arm. You want messy? You want human? Buckle up, buttercup, because this Ben Tre Farm Stay itinerary is gonna get real. Prepare for the roller coaster of emotions, the sheer chaos, and the undeniable charm of just… being there. Seriously, packing for this trip was a disaster. I crammed everything in, mostly just hoping for the best.
Ben Tre Farm Stay: My Unfiltered Adventure (or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Coconut)
(Day 1: Arrival & Coconut Overload - Expect Disappointment, Find Bliss)
Morning (6:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Okay, so, the alarm. Always a bad start. Flight. Oh, the flight. I swore I saw a toddler trying to eat my in-flight meal. Anyway, arrived in Ho Chi Minh City. Let's be honest, getting through customs felt like trying to solve a Rubik's Cube. I think I sweat through my shirt. Got on a pre-booked transfer to Ben Tre. The ride was long which I didn't expect.
Late Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Arrival at the farm stay! Oh. My. God. It was hot. Like, humid, stick-to-your-skin hot. I stepped out of that van and immediately felt like I'd been shrink-wrapped in a damp towel. But… the place itself? Actually pretty cute. A little ramshackle, maybe. But quaint. You know, in a "charmingly dilapidated" sort of way. The staff were lovely, welcoming me with smiles and a glass of… coconut water. Which, surprisingly, was fantastic. Refreshing. I was no longer ready to die of heat.
Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:30 PM): Lunch. Time to eat (which is a good thing!). The farm-to-table concept? Real. The food? Legit delicious. I had these fried spring rolls that were so good I almost wept. I also tried this coconut rice, and I kid you not, it was a revelation. I was suddenly questioning all my life choices that didn't involve coconut rice.
Afternoon (1:30 PM - 4:00 PM): A supposed bicycle tour, with me as the supposed explorer. I could barely cycle for 10 minutes. So, I ended up napping in my hammock. The heat had truly gotten to me even though it was supposed to be a 'cool breeze'. I was so relaxed that I didn't get up out of my hammock for hours.
Early Evening (4:00 PM - 7:00 PM): Coconut CANDY making!! I did not care for the demonstration by this time. I was getting a headache. I swear my head was still sweating. But, you know, I tried it. It was sticky and messy and I nearly burned my fingers. (I blame the heat, and my lack of coordination). The candy itself was okay, I preferred the coconut milk.
Dinner (7:00 PM - 8:00 PM): Dinner was another feast, honestly. I stuffed myself. And, you know, it was good. After my meltdown, I ate a lot. We had barbecued fish, and a salad that tasted like sunshine, and more coconut. The coconut theme was beginning to get to me, but at this point, I didn't care.
Evening (8:00 PM onwards): I crashed. Hard. Jet lag, heat, and coconut fatigue? It was a recipe for a coma. I went to bed after a few beers, feeling absolutely, gloriously, knackered.
(Day 2: Floating Markets & Boat Chaos…or, How I Screwed Up My Photography)
Early Morning (6:00 AM - 7:00 AM): Wake up! This morning I felt more awake than yesterday. I had a coffee, which the lady at the front desk brewed for me.
Morning (7:00 AM - 9:00 AM): We were going to the floating market! I mean, this was what I was really looking forward to! We had to take a boat, and it was beautiful. Then came the market. The sun was beating down. The boats were full of… everything! Fruit, vegetables, clothes, even… (I swear) live chickens! It was sensory overload in the best way possible. Also, my camera battery died. Like, immediately. Of course. I'm never going to find a better photo opportunity. I was furious.
Late Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Back to the farm. I spent the rest of the morning cursing technology and trying to salvage my phone camera. The photos are… well, let's just say they’re a reminder of that moment.
Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:30 PM): Lunch. More excellent food! I ate so much of everything!
Afternoon (1:30 PM - 4:00 PM): Time for something new! We were off to a local workshop to see them make coconut oil.
Late Afternoon (4:00 PM - 7:00 PM): Now it was time to head back, and that long transport was a painful one.
Dinner (7:00 PM - 8:00 PM): Dinner was amazing. The farm was excellent. I can't complain, and the food, the staff, the experience. It was all great, even if the pictures weren't.
Evening (8:00 PM onwards): Slept like a baby.
(Day 3: Departure & Coconut Dreams…or, The Aftermath)
Morning (6:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Wake up, pack up, and prepare to leave. I really, really didn't want to.
Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): A final coconut water. A final walk around the farm. A final… goodbye. Then the drive back to Ho Chi Minh City, where reality will definitely bite me in the bum.
Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:30 PM): Ate. A lot. (I'm beginning to see a pattern here.)
Afternoon (1:30 PM - 4:00 PM): Flight home.
Evening (4:00 PM onwards): Back home, unpacking, and feeling a massive dose of post-travel blues. I miss the heat, the coconut, and the chaos. I'll never look at a coconut the same way again. It was a mess, but it was my mess. And I loved it.

So, "Escape to Paradise"? Is it *actually* paradise? Because let's be real, marketing folks...
Alright, look, paradise? Nah. Maybe "Paradise-Adjacent." It's not like you're strolling through the Garden of Eden. More like, you’re strolling through a really charming, slightly overgrown, and definitely mosquito-infested garden. But honestly? Pretty darn close. The marketing does lay it on a bit thick... like the coconut oil they slather on everything. But the *feeling*? That's pretty paradisiacal. Imagine waking up to the sound of roosters doing their best opera impression and then promptly wondering if you accidentally left a chicken coop open. Then you get a breakfast of coconut water and fresh fruit, and suddenly, your troubles feel miles away. (Unless you’re allergic to mangoes. Then, you’re screwed. Seriously, bring Benadryl.)
What's the deal with the farm stay? Is it all romantic sunsets and gentle cows? Because I’m allergic to "perfect."
Okay, so, gentle cows... mostly. Sunsets? Glorious. Romantic? Potentially. But here's the thing. It's *real*. The cows might moo at 4 AM. There might be a slightly alarming number of geckos on your ceiling. And the food? Absolutely delicious, but let's just say… the portion sizes are *generous*. I swear, I ate enough rice to build a small pyramid. And the heat? Oh, the heat. I’m pretty sure I sweat out a whole new personality. But that’s part of the charm, right? It’s authentic. It's not a manicured Instagram feed version of a farm. It's dirt under your fingernails, sweat on your brow, and the best damn coconut curry you will ever taste.
The activities… are they all "authentic"? What happens when I don’t know how to ride a boat?
"Authenticity" is definitely the keyword here. You're not just posing for photos; you're *doing*. The boat trip? You'll probably get to try your hand at rowing. (Spoiler alert: I am terrible at it. I mostly just went in circles, much to the amusement of the local kids). The cooking class? Prepare to chop things, stir things, and potentially burn things. (I may or may not have set the wok on fire. It's a blur.) They'll teach you. Even if you're utterly clueless. The people are incredibly patient. The only thing maybe "inauthentic" is how *good* the food is. Like, seriously good. Much better than the mess I made in the kitchen, somehow.
Okay, let's talk about the boat. Because the pictures… they look *amazing*. Did you feel like a movie star?
The boat trip. Oh, the boat trip. It's what sold me on the whole thing, honestly. Me, a city slicker, navigating the Mekong Delta, gliding through these narrow canals. It's stunning. Like, *jaw-dropping* stunning. Did I feel like a movie star? For about five minutes, yes. Until I nearly capsized trying to take a selfie. (Pro tip: Don't try to take selfies while your boat is being rocked by the wake of a passing barge.) Also, I got a pretty bad sunburn, and I'm pretty sure I inhaled a mosquito. But even with all that, it was one of the most magical experiences of my life. The colors, the sounds, the utter peace of it all… I just wanted to stay out there forever. I did consider stowingaway, but, well... they probably would have noticed.
The food. Everyone raves about the food. Is it *actually* as good as everyone says? Because I'm a picky eater.
The food. Oh. My. God. The food. Seriously. I’m not even a food blogger, and I am still thinking about the food. I'm talking, like, *dreaming* about the food. And I'm a pretty picky eater! But I was blown away. Forget the Instagram-worthy dishes, the real magic's in the flavor. Fresh, vibrant, bursting with herbs and spices… and the coconut? Oh, the coconut. It felt like they were using every part of the coconut, in some way. The curry was divine. The spring rolls? To die for. My favorite? The fresh fruit, which was so sweet and juicy that it was actually addictive. And you know what? They were super accommodating to my weird food quirks. They also have the best coffee I EVER tasted!
Are there any downsides? Because, c'mon, there always are.
Okay, truth time. Yes. There are downsides. The heat, as I mentioned, is brutal. (Bring a lot of sunscreen). The internet is spotty (which, honestly, is a plus in my book, but a downside if you're glued to your phone). The bugs are relentless. You will get bitten. Accept it. Embrace it. And bring some bug spray that actually works. And… ummm… the rooster alarm clock. It’s loud. And persistent. I felt like I could understand the rooster by the end of the trip, which is both impressive and slightly disturbing. But those are minor quibbles. Honestly, the positives far outweigh the negatives.
How safe is it, really? Is it safe for solo female travelers?
I felt incredibly safe. The staff? Wonderful, friendly, and genuinely helpful. They made me feel like I was part of the family. I was there with my partner, but I would have felt comfortable going alone. The local people are warm and welcoming. It's not a place where you feel like you need to be constantly on guard. Of course, use common sense, but I honestly felt safer there than in some parts of my own hometown. And again, the staff is super attentive. They'll look after you! Just make sure you know where you are going.
Would you go back? And if so, would you do anything differently?
Would I go back? In a heartbeat. Actually, I'm already plotting my return. Would I do anything differently? Yes. I'd bring about ten books to read on the hammock. I'd pack more sunscreen. I'd learn how to say "delicious" in Vietnamese. I'd maybe try to avoid setting the wok on fire. And I'd definitely take more pictures! (I was too busy *living* to document half of it). Oh, and I would definitely buy a whole basket of mangos to bring home. And maybe a pet rooster. (Okay, maybe not the rooster). Seriously, if you're thinking about going, just do it. It's an experience you won't regret, trust me."

