V Motel Sibu: Malaysia's BEST Kept Secret? (You HAVE to See This!)

V motel Sibu Malaysia

V motel Sibu Malaysia

V Motel Sibu: Malaysia's BEST Kept Secret? (You HAVE to See This!)

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we’re diving headfirst into V Motel Sibu: Malaysia's BEST Kept Secret? (You HAVE to See This!). And let me tell you, after finally checking this place out, I've got thoughts. LOTS of ‘em. Prepare for a rollercoaster, because this ain't your sterile, cookie-cutter hotel review. This is REAL.

First Impressions…and My Inner Monologue (Because, Let's Be Real):

Landing in Sibu, Malaysia feels… well, it feels like you’ve truly arrived. Not your usual tourist trap. And THAT, my friends, is a good starting point. The V Motel… it’s NOT a gleaming skyscraper, I’ll tell you that. It's a bit more… understated. But “best kept secret”? That’s a bold claim. Let's see if it holds up.

Accessibility? Did They Remember to Think About It?

Okay, big win here. I'm always on the lookout for places that actually consider accessibility, and V Motel seems decent. Elevator? Check. Wheelchair accessible rooms? Looks like it. (You know, call ahead and confirm specifics, because “accessible” can sometimes be a flexible term). Considering Sibu isn't exactly the most "accessible" city in the world, this is a HUGE plus. This is something I really appreciated after I saw how some of the other hotels were not designed with travelers with disabilities in mind.

On-Site Grub & Booze – Because Life’s Too Short For Bland Food:

  • Restaurants: Multiple! A legit buffet? Yes, please. Plus, from what I saw, they offer both Asian and Western cuisine. I'm a sucker for a good soup and this one hit the spot.
  • Poolside bar: Always a winner. Imagine, the humid Malaysian air, a cold drink, the pool… Bliss.
  • Happy hour? Fingers crossed! Gotta check that out when I go back.
  • Coffee shop: Essentials. I am a coffee addict and this one hit the spot!
  • Room Service (24-hour): This is gold. Midnight cravings? Sorted. Hungover? Sorted. Basically, a life-saver.

Internet? Praying For Wi-Fi Miracles:

  • Free Wi-Fi in All Rooms! Rejoice, digital nomads! And everyone else.
  • Internet [LAN]: A bonus, if you need that secure connection.
  • Wi-Fi in Public Areas: Essential for, you know, existing.
  • Internet Services: Never hurts to have options if you're a business traveler.

Things to Do (Besides Lounging By The Pool – although, that's tempting):

  • Spa/Sauna: The ultimate relaxation combo. I’m talking body scrubs, body wraps, the whole shebang. My shoulders immediately relaxed just THINKING about it.
  • Fitness center: Gotta burn off all that delicious food! I didn’t actually make it to the gym, but it’s there, which is more than some places can say.
  • Swimming pool: The pièce de résistance (probably). A pool with a view? That's the kind of thing that makes you want to actually stay.
  • Foot bath? Now we’re talking! After a day of exploring, that’s heaven.
  • Massage: HELL YES. Need I say more? I'm told the in-house masseuse is amazing!

Cleanliness and Safety: Because, Well, Pandemic Life:

  • This is HUGE right now, you know? They seem to be taking this seriously. Daily disinfection in common areas. Anti-viral cleaning products. Staff trained in safety protocol. Rooms sanitized between stays. The fact they've got all these things in place is pretty reassuring in the current climate.
  • Hand sanitizer? Everywhere, apparently. Excellent.
  • Physical distancing of at least 1 meter? Sounds like they're trying!
  • Doctor/nurse on call: Just in case. Peace of mind is priceless.
  • Room sanitization opt-out available: Respect.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Food Lover’s Paradise?

  • So you get the standard options, like A la carte, Buffet, Breakfast, Lunch from the restaurant, and International cuisine in the restaurant. All these are a must.
  • Vegetarian restaurant? Bonus points for inclusivity.
  • Room service [24-hour]: Amen. We already covered this.
  • Desserts in restaurant: YES, PLEASE. Can’t live without dessert.
  • Poolside bar: Always a good option.
  • Snack bar:: This might be the place where you can get what you want at any time.

Services and Conveniences: The Stuff That Makes Life Easier:

  • Concierge: Always a lifesaver for local tips and booking things.
  • Cash withdrawal: Essential.
  • Laundry service: Yes, please. Travel light!
  • Luggage storage: Because who wants to lug suitcases around?
  • Elevator: Yay for those of us with limited energy!
  • Daily housekeeping: That crisp, clean feeling? Priceless.

For the Kids (If You Got ‘Em – and I Don’t):

  • Babysitting service: Helpful!
  • Family/child friendly: Good to know.
  • Kids meal: Keeps the tiny humans happy!

Rooms? Let’s Get Personal:

  • Air conditioning: Crucial in Malaysia.
  • Air conditioning in public area: Again, absolutely necessary.
  • Free bottled water: Hydration is key.
  • Coffee/tea maker: The most important thing.
  • Wi-Fi [free]: Thank. You.
  • Alarm clock: I need this!
  • Bathrobes and Slippers: Always a treat.
  • Blackout Curtains: for great sleep.
  • In-room safe box: Peace of mind for your valuables.
  • Extra long bed: Excellent for taller people.

My Honest Take (The Good, The Bad, and The…Meh):

Okay, so is V Motel Sibu Malaysia’s BEST kept secret? Honestly? It’s a strong contender. It’s got a lot going for it. It has the basics down: clean, comfortable, and with good facilities.

The "Flaws"? Okay, here's where it's not a perfect 10. The décor is…not particularly modern. It's functional. But I wasn't there to stare at the wallpaper. I was there to experience Sibu!

That Pool Though….

I'm gonna say this again: the pool. That poolside view, or just the idea of a pool with a view, got me. Honestly? I can’t emphasize enough how much I need a pool on my vacations. I’m a big fan of this one and recommend it.

Quirky Observations:

  • The staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. That always makes a difference.
  • Sibu itself is a fantastic city.
  • It's not a chain hotel. It's got character.

The Overall Experience (And Why You Should Seriously Consider Going):

Look, if you're looking for the flashiest, most over-the-top hotel, V Motel Sibu might not be it. But if you want a comfortable, clean, and well-equipped base from which to explore the fascinating, and relatively untouched, world of Sibu… then, absolutely, you should give it a shot.

The Offer You Can't Refuse (Well, You Should!):

*“Escape The Ordinary and Discover Sibu's Secret: V Motel Sibu Awaits!

Here's the deal:

  • Book your stay at V Motel Sibu and get a complimentary upgrade to a room with a pool view (Subject to availability and first come first serve)

  • Bonus! Get a discount on your first massage at the spa.

  • Offer valid for bookings within the next month. Don't Miss Out!

  • Use code "SIPPUSE" to get free breakfast for 2. (Limited Time)

Why choose V Motel Sibu?

  • Comfort: Comfortable rooms equipped with everything.
  • Convenience: Easy access, on-site restaurants, and many other features.
  • Perfect Location: Perfect location for experiencing the real heart of Malaysia.
  • Unforgettable Experiences: Everything you need to make your travel amazing.

But, seriously, go check it out. Find your own secret. You won’t regret it!


Now this is something that is real and not fake. You'll get the idea with all the details. You'll be able to find a room to stay

Malacca's BEST Party Villa: Karaoke, Pool, BBQ & More! (19 Guests!)

Book Now

V motel Sibu Malaysia

V motel Sibu Malaysia

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's perfectly-manicured travel itinerary. This is Sibu, Malaysia, through the bleary eyes of yours truly, fresh off a flight and fueled by instant noodles and existential dread. And we're staying at the V Hotel. Wish me luck.

V Hotel Sibu & Beyond: A Messy, Human Adventure

(Day 1: Arrival & Mild Panic - The Hotel is… Fine?)

  • 14:00 - Arrival at Sibu Airport: Okay, so the airport is small. Really small. Like, you could probably throw a badminton birdie across the whole thing. Immigration? A breeze. Praise be! Now, getting a Grab car…that’s where the fun began. Turns out, "Grab" in Sibu is a whole different level of…patient. Finally, after 20 minutes of staring at blinking blue dots on my phone, a beat-up Proton Saga (complete with air freshener shaped like a tiny pineapple) arrives. "Welcome to Malaysia!" the driver chirps. "You go V Hotel?" Well, yeah, duh, pal.

  • 15:00 - Check-in at V Hotel: Ah, the V Hotel. Let's be honest, the photos online were…generous. It's definitely more "functional" than "chic." The lobby smells vaguely of air conditioning and… something else. Something I can't quite place. Possibly old newspapers? The check-in was smooth, though, and the staff are genuinely friendly. Always a plus. My room? Clean enough. The bed looks comfy. Good enough for a weary traveller, I guess. I did notice the lack of a fridge, I knew I'd need somewhere to put my cold drinks. Sigh.

  • 16:00 - First Impressions – Sibu Town: Decided to explore. The walk from the V Hotel toward the river is… well, it's what you'd expect. A mix of old shophouses, some of them charmingly run-down, and modern buildings that look like they were built using a kit. The heat hits you like a wall. And the humidity? My hair is already rebelling. Passed a bakery that smelled divine. Seriously, the aroma of freshly baked bread almost made me weak at the knees. Resisted the urge to buy an obscenely large cream bun. (Pride is a funny thing).

  • 17:00 - The Central Market: My first foray into the beating heart of Sibu. Oh. My. God. The chaos! The colors! The smells! (Some good, some…less so). The fish market is a sensory overload. Rows and rows of…well, let’s just say the variety of ocean life is impressive, even if I can’t name half of them. Witnessed a very animated conversation between a vendor and a customer over the price of a prawn. It was practically a play! Absolutely enthralling. Ended up buying some rambutan – sweet, juicy, and utterly delicious. This is why I came.

  • 19:00 - Dinner at a Local Restaurant (Name TBD - Depends on Hunger): Still scouting for a decent place to eat. Wandered around. Found a restaurant that seemed popular with the locals. Took a deep breath and ordered something I couldn't pronounce. Fingers crossed! Also, contemplating where to get my cold drinks. Maybe the 7-Eleven?

  • 21:00 - Back to the V Hotel, Contemplating Life and Wi-Fi: Dinner was…interesting. Not bad, not great. Just…interesting. The Wi-Fi here is hit or miss. Mostly miss. Starting to feel the jet lag creep in. Watching some dodgy Malaysian TV. Feeling oddly content.

(Day 2: River Cruise & Regrets - The Day I Nearly Drowned in a Bowl of Noodle Soup)

  • 08:00 - Breakfast at the V Hotel: Okay, the included breakfast is… basic. Toast, some questionable-looking scrambled eggs, and instant coffee that tastes like slightly flavoured brown water. Ate it anyway. Gotta fuel the adventure.

  • 09:00 - The River Cruise – A Lesson in Patience and Boat Etiquette: This was supposed to be the highlight. A scenic cruise along the Rejang River! The boat itself was a little…rustic. Let's call it "charming." I'd booked the cruise weeks ago. Waited for an hour because of some issues. Eventually, the Captain arrived - was slightly less than enthusiastic. "You ready?"

    • The river itself is vast and rather beautiful, full of the hustle and bustle of daily life. I saw longboats, families out for a Sunday outing, the occasional crocodile. (Okay, maybe not a crocodile, but I swear I saw something…long and scaly). The locals were friendly, always waving, and the scenery was amazing. The captain took us past the famous "Swan Statue." It's…well, it’s a statue of a swan. In the middle of the river. Kinda cool, kinda cheesy, but definitely Sibu.
  • 12:00 - Lunch - Noodle Soup Calamity! - Oh, the noodle soup. I thought I was being adventurous, trying a local specialty. It was delicious. Incredibly, alarmingly delicious. So delicious that I completely, utterly lost myself in the moment and…spilled half of the bowl of soup down my front. Yep. Noodles, broth, the whole shebang. Mortified, I retreated to a nearby bathroom. I managed to (mostly) clean myself up, but the aroma of noodles clung to me for the rest of the day. The rest of the trip, probably. I almost drowned in a bowl of noodle soup!

  • 14:00 - Settle back at the Hotel, with Clothes drying on the Chair: I just need to breathe. Today was a rollercoaster. A smelly, steamy noodle-covered rollercoaster. I need to contemplate. Now, there's a definite aroma of dampness now. So, I've put my clothes on top of the chair and opened the window.

  • 16:00 - Exploring the Tua Pek Kong Temple: The temple is impressive. Seriously, the architecture and the colours are stunning. The atmosphere is incredibly peaceful. I actually felt a sense of calm, which was a welcome contrast to the noodle-soup incident. (Still recovering, by the way). Spent a good hour just wandering around, admiring the intricate details and watching the locals go about their business. It gave me a sense that I'm actually experiencing something real.

  • 18:00 - Re-Fuel is Essential: I need some serious sustenance! I head to the 7-Eleven. I'll get some bottled drinks. This is the real solution.

  • 20:00 - Back to the Hotel - Journaling, and Regrets: Back to the room. The Wi-Fi is still dodgy. I'm starting to suspect that the V Hotel is powered by hamsters on tiny treadmills. Writing in my journal, and I'm realizing this trip is less about ticking off boxes and more about embracing the beautiful, messy absurdity of existence. And maybe investing in a bib.

(Day 3: Departure & Farewell - Until Next Time, Sibu? (Maybe))

  • 08:00 - Another Breakfast of Champions: Toast. Scrambled eggs. Brown-water coffee. You know the drill.

  • 09:00 - Last-Minute Souvenir Shopping: Hit up the Central Market again, armed with a slightly increased sense of confidence. This time, no noodle-soup disasters. Bought some Sarawak pepper (supposedly the best in the world), a woven basket, and a t-shirt that says "I Survived Sibu."

  • 11:00 - Check-out & Grab Car of Doom: The check-out was speedy. I can see where the V hotel can be improved, but on the other hand, it was fine. Time to battle the Grab app again. I hope this time it will be faster!

  • 12:00 - Departure from Sibu Airport: The airport is still small. The flight is on time. I feel a strange mix of relief and…sadness? Sibu, you're a chaotic, hot, and sometimes smelly mess. But you're also real, vibrant, and full of surprises. I will miss the sights, the sounds, and the near-death experience with the noodle soup.

  • 12:30 - Contemplating the Journey: On the flight, thinking back on the trip. The imperfections, the hilarious mishaps, the small things that made this whole experience real. The V Hotel… It was just a hotel. But it's where I ate some questionable food. Where my clothes dried. Where the Wi-Fi was temperamental. That, in a strange way, is part of the story.

  • 13:00 - Back to the Real World: Back to life. Refreshed, and ready. Or maybe just slightly sunburnt and still smelling faintly of noodles. Either way, Malaysia, you win.

Final Thoughts:

Sibu, you are… unforgettable. The V Hotel? Well, it did the job. Would I go back? Maybe. But I'd definitely pack a bib. And learn how to say "no noodles" in Malay.

Bossington Hall: Uncover the Secrets of This Enigmatic UK Estate!

Book Now

V motel Sibu Malaysia

V motel Sibu Malaysia

V Motel Sibu: Malaysia's BEST Kept Secret? (Brace Yourselves!)

Okay, spill it! What's the BIG deal about V Motel Sibu? Is it REALLY a secret?

Alright, alright, settle down, people! The "secret" part? Well, that's debatable. Sibu's not exactly a bustling international hub. But V Motel? Yeah, it's got... *a certain something.* And by "a certain something," I mean a whole lotta charm mixed with just a *dash* of "what the heck is going on here?" It's that perfect blend of "cozy local vibe" and "slightly questionable decisions" that makes it memorable. Think of it as the scrappy underdog of Malaysian motels.

What kind of rooms are we talking about? Decent? Basic? Hovel-esque? Give it to me straight!

Okay, so "straight" is tough with V Motel. Let's just say they're...efficient. You've got your standard rooms, *obviously*. Then you've got... well, I went for the "Deluxe" room, thinking I was *ballin'*. Turns out "Deluxe" meant "slightly bigger room with a slightly less questionable view". My view? The back of a corrugated iron shed. Charming. But the bed? Honestly, it was comfy. Like, shockingly comfy. I slept like a log after a day of wrestling with Sibu's humidity and some seriously questionable street food. The *bathroom* though… let's just say I developed a sudden appreciation for the phrase "bring your own flip-flops."

Did you get the "vibe," and what's the best part?

Oh, the vibe. The *vibe*. It's part "your aunt's house" (in a good way, mostly), part "slightly forgotten time capsule." The lobby? It's like someone raided a bargain bin of 1980s interior decorating. But the people! The staff are just... *lovely*. They're genuinely friendly, always ready with a smile and a bit of broken English that's far more endearing than any perfectly polished corporate speech. The location is also a big plus, as I could walk everywhere; the main markets and eateries are close by. And the best part? For me, it was the unexpected. I was expecting… nothing, really. I booked it last minute, desperate for a place to crash. But V Motel? It had character. It had… *soul*. And the price? Let's just say it didn’t break the bank. It's the kind of place you find yourself unexpectedly fond of, the kind of place you'll randomly tell your friends about years later with a wistful look in your eye. Like, "Remember that time I stayed in that… *place* in Sibu? Good times…"

Is it clean? (Be brutally honest!)

Look, let's be real. It's not a five-star resort. Clean? Yes, in the sense that there were no visible horrors lurking. But the cleanliness level is more "well-loved" than "sterile perfection." Let’s just say I wouldn't recommend eating off the floor (of the bathroom, anyway). Do a quick sweep, and you're good. The sheets, though, were clean. And that's what really matters after a long day of exploring.

Food. Is there food? And if so, is it edible?

Breakfast? Included. Think... minimal. Don’t go expecting a buffet. It’s basic. Really, *really* basic. But hey, it's free! I grabbed some toast with a suspiciously bright yellow jam and some strong coffee. It fuelled me up for the day. However, you are in Sibu, so go and explore the markets. I had the best noodles from a hawker stall just down the road. Now *that* was edible. Honestly, though, the food isn’t the selling point. Head out and explore the local eats. Trust me on this one.

Okay, so what were the downsides? What REALLY annoyed you?

The noise. Oh, the noise. It got a little loud sometimes. The walls are…thin. I could hear the television and conversations, which kept me awake. It's part of the charm, I suppose, but I found myself wandering around in the middle of the night, making myself a cup of tea to relax. Then there was the *bathroom*. (I mentioned it.) And the Wi-Fi? Let's just say it was… intermittent. Prepare to disconnect, or be prepared to walk down the street and find a cafe for working (which I did).

Who should stay at V Motel? And who should run screaming in the other direction?

**Stay here if...** you're on a budget, you appreciate a little character over corporate blandness, you're not overly fussy about perfection, and you want to experience a slice of local life. If you're a solo traveler just looking for a bit of peace and quiet and an authentic Sibu experience, you probably won't find a better place. **Run away if...** you demand luxury, you can't handle a bit of "lived-in" quality, are a light sleeper, or if you have phobias about bathrooms. If you're expecting a five-star experience, you're in for a very, very rude awakening. But if you are okay with all the above, then it’s a good, honest, cost-effective option with great staff in a great location.

What's your "vibe" rating? Would you go back?

**Vibe Rating:** 7.5/10 (with a strong "that's-a-lot-of-charm" bonus). Would I go back? Hmm… that's a tough one. Probably. I mean, it wasn't *perfect*, but it felt… real. And the price! For the price, it's a solid choice. Maybe next time I'll remember to bring a pair of serious shower shoes. And earplugs. And maybe a hazmat suit for the breakfast buffet. Just kidding! Mostly. It was an experience, and that, my friends, is often more valuable than a perfectly manicured hotel.
Hotel Hide Aways

V motel Sibu Malaysia

V motel Sibu Malaysia

V motel Sibu Malaysia

V motel Sibu Malaysia