
Shanghai Luxury: Vienna Hotel Hongqiao - Unbeatable Location!
Okay, buckle up, Buttercups! Because this ain't your grandma's hotel review. We're diving headfirst into the Shanghai Luxury: Vienna Hotel Hongqiao – Unbeatable Location! experience. And trust me, after spending a week there, I've got stories. Lots of them. (And probably a lingering case of jet lag).
First Impressions: Location, Location, Location (and a Touch of Confusion)
Alright, the location is actually unbeatable. I'm talking smack-dab in the middle of Hongqiao, practically tripping over the metro station (which, by the way, is fantastic for zipping around this behemoth of a city). Accessibility? Tick! Airport transfer? Yep, easy peasy. Taxi service? Always available. Now, finding the entrance? That was a bit of a treasure hunt. It's tucked away, and I swear the GPS had a little giggle at my expense before finally leading me to the grand entrance.
Checking In (and Dodging the Flu Germs):
The check-in/out [express] option is a godsend, especially after a 14-hour flight. Contactless check-in/out? Brilliant. I'm a germaphobe at the best of times, and the current climate just amplifies it. They've got the Hand sanitizer stations everywhere (good!), and the staff are wearing masks religiously. That’s a huge plus, and you can see they follow Professional-grade sanitizing services and are trained in Staff trained in safety protocol. Now, are the rooms perfectly sanitized? I can't say for sure. But the fact they offer Room sanitization opt-out available shows they're taking things seriously. And, hey, the Anti-viral cleaning products are a nice touch.
The Room: Modern, Maybe a Bit…Bland? But Functional AF.
Okay, let's talk room. I snagged a non-smoking room, thank the heavens, and it was…well, it was clean. Really clean. The daily housekeeping did a stellar job. I'm talking gleaming surfaces, fresh towels, and a bed that actually beckoned me to sleep (seriously, the extra long bed was a godsend after all that traveling).
It had all the basics: Air conditioning, a mini bar (which I promptly emptied of its questionable beverages), a coffee/tea maker (essential!), and a free Wi-Fi that actually worked (hallelujah!). Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Yes! I mean, it's 2024, people. It's a basic human right. There was an in-room safe box, which I used religiously for my passport and credit cards. The desk was functional, though I would've loved a few more power outlets. The bathroom was decent, with a separate shower/bathtub, and although the toiletries weren't exactly luxury (more "functional"), they did the trick.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Foodie Adventure (Mostly)
Okay, here's where things get…interesting. I'm a self-proclaimed food enthusiast, and Shanghai is a culinary playground.
- The Buffet: The Breakfast [buffet] was a mixed bag. The Asian breakfast was fantastic, with fresh noodles, dim sum, and an array of mysterious, delicious dishes I couldn't identify but devoured anyway. The Western breakfast was…well, it was there. Eggs, sausages, and some rather sad-looking pastries. I stuck to the Asian fare. Breakfast takeaway service could be useful for a quick bite, but who wants to rush breakfast.
- Restaurants: The hotel features a couple of restaurants. One with Asian cuisine in restaurant and International cuisine in restaurant. I tried the one with International Cuisine and got a good burger, but it couldn’t compete with the outside restaurants.
- The Bar: Happy hour was a lifesaver after a day of navigating the city. The Poolside bar wasn't open when I visited, which was a bummer.
- The Coffee Shop: Essential for your morning caffeine fix!
- Room Service: Hello, 24-hour room service! The room service [24-hour] was a lifesaver on multiple occasions. Late-night cravings? No problem. Jet lag demons causing havoc? Sorted. It wasn't gourmet dining, but it was convenient and the quality was decent.
Things to Do/Ways to Relax: Spa Day Dreams and Gym Jitters
Okay, here's where the "Shanghai Luxury" label comes in. They've got a Fitness center and a spa.
- The Spa: Oh, the spa. I booked a massage after day three, desperately needing to unwind. The massage was…good. Not the best massage of my life, but it did the trick. They offer treatments like Body scrub and Body wrap, which I didn't try but made me want to. There are Spa/sauna amenities, though I was too busy to try any.
- The Gym: I peeked into the gym/fitness center but quickly retreated. It looked a bit…sterile. I'm not a gym bunny, so I skipped it.
- The Pool: The Swimming pool was Swimming pool [outdoor], which seemed lovely. If I weren't rushing through the city, perhaps taking a dip would have been a good idea.
- Other: The Sauna and Steamroom sounds relaxing.
Services and Conveniences: The Good, the Great, and the “Meh”
- Cash Withdrawal and Currency Exchange: Super helpful.
- Laundry Service: A lifesaver.
- Daily Housekeeping: On point.
- Concierge: Helpful, but at times a bit too eager to sell me tours.
- Business Facilities: They have a Business facilities with a Xerox/fax in business center useful.
- But Elevator and some services are not available.
For the Kids: Family Friendly, But Nothing Special
The hotel is family/child friendly and has Babysitting service and Kids meal, but doesn't really cater to children.
Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Protected
They take cleanliness and safety seriously. The CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property give peace of mind. The security [24-hour] is visible and reassuring. The Fire extinguisher, smoke alarms, and smoke detectors add to the safety and Daily disinfection in common areas and Rooms sanitized between stays prove that they take the current situation seriously.
The Offer: Snag Your Shanghai Escape!
Alright, here's the deal.
Stop Wasting Time! Book Your Shanghai Adventure Today!
For a limited time, book your stay at the Shanghai Luxury: Vienna Hotel Hongqiao – Unbeatable Location! and receive:
- Exclusive Discount: Get 15% off your room rate!
- Free Breakfast Upgrade: Enjoy the Asian Breakfast Buffet (trust me, you won't regret it!)
- Late Check-out: Sleep in a bit longer with a guaranteed 2 PM late check-out!
- Bonus: a welcome bottle of water.
Don't Delay! This offer is only available for a limited time. Book now and experience the perfect blend of comfort, convenience, and Shanghai excitement!
My Final Verdict:
The Shanghai Luxury: Vienna Hotel Hongqiao ticks a lot of boxes. The location is phenomenal. The cleanliness is top-notch. The service is generally excellent. It's not exactly oozing character, but it's a dependable, comfortable, and well-located base for exploring Shanghai. Would I stay again? Absolutely. Especially at that price. But I'll bring my own pastries for breakfast. And maybe a travel companion to help me navigate the food scene. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need another cup of coffee. Shanghai, you were wonderful!
Escape to Paradise: Spring Ground B&B Awaits in Stunning Nantou, Taiwan
Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This isn't your grandma's itinerary. This is… my Vienna Hotel, Shanghai Hongqiao National Exhibition Center, Beiqiao Metro Station, Shanghai, China itinerary. And believe me, it's gonna be a ride. Prepare for emotional rollercoaster, because I don't do linear.
Day 1: Arrival, Jet Lag, and a Questionable Noodle Soup Adventure
- 7:00 AM (Shanghai time - Ugh, I'm supposed to be sleeping!): Land at Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG). Holy. Mother. Of. Zones. So many people, so much luggage, and the air feels thick enough to chew. This jet lag is kicking me in the face already!
- 8:30 AM: Successfully navigate immigration (phew!), collect my bag (miracle!), and stumble towards the airport bus. I swear, the instructions were in Mandarin, and I'm fluent in "lost tourist". Made it! Kinda. Hopefully, I'm on the right bus.
- 10:00 AM (ish): Finally arrive at the Vienna Hotel, Hongqiao. Honestly, it looks… decent. Clean enough, anyways. The lobby smells faintly of disinfectant and something vaguely floral. I register, slightly bewildered by the rapid-fire Mandarin exchange with the receptionist (I smile and nod a LOT).
- 11:00 AM: Unpack my bag. Or, more accurately, attempt to wrestle my suitcase open. Seriously, how much STUFF did I pack?
- 12:00 PM: Lunch! This is where things get… interesting. I venture out, lured by a sign advertising "Authentic Shanghai Noodles". "Authentic" sounds good, right? Turns out "authentic" means, potentially, slightly spicy and with a broth that tastes suspiciously… well, let's call it "unfamiliar." I order it anyway. I'm feeling adventurous! And jet-lagged. And probably slightly delirious.
- 12:30 PM: Noodle soup arrives. It has… things floating in it. I cautiously take a bite. It’s… fine? Better than I expected. And then… the spice hits. BAM! My sinuses clear, tears well up. It's a fiery dance in my mouth. I can't stop eating. My stomach is both crying and screaming for more. I somehow manage to finish the whole thing. I'm now both incredibly full and questioning every life choice that led me to this moment. The waiter looks on with mild amusement. I think I just experienced the true taste of Shanghai. Or maybe just the taste of a poorly-translated menu.
- 2:00 PM: Nap. Mandatory. Jet lag is winning. I set two alarms, just in case I sleep through.
- 5:00 PM: Wake up, slightly disoriented. Did I actually sleep at all? Where am I? Oh yeah, Shanghai. Right. Need to check out Beiqiao Metro Station.
- 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Head over to Beiqiao Metro Station. Just… looking at the line. The scale of this city is just staggering. I wander around, observing people, the fast-paced energy, the quiet moments. So many people, going everywhere.
- 8:00 PM: Dinner. I find a McDonald's, because sometimes, you just need familiar food. Don’t judge. I’m still jet-lagged, and I’m not brave enough for round two of “Authentic Shanghai Noodles” just yet.
- 9:00 PM: Back to the hotel. I consider ordering room service, but I'm too scared to try again.
- 10:00 PM: Bed. Try to sleep. Wonder if I'll wake up in the middle of the night and decide to redecorate the room in Mandarin.
Day 2: The National Exhibition and the Search for Lost Treasures (and a decent Coffee)
- 8:00 AM: Wake up! Okay, so the alarms worked. Progress! I’m actually feeling… pretty good. Might be the McDonald's. Or the adrenaline. Or maybe the sheer, overwhelming novelty of being in China.
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. The hotel buffet. It included some things that looked suspiciously like mystery meat and… what were those green things anyway? I stick with toast and… well, the coffee. Let's just say the coffee is an experience in itself. It has a certain… distinctive flavor. I bravely choke it down and load up on toast, hoping for the best.
- 10:00 AM: Head to the Hongqiao National Exhibition Center. This is it! The main event! I'm not even sure what exactly I'm supposed to be seeing, but I'm ready to be amazed. Or at least, mildly impressed. Wander around the exhibition. Admire the sheer scale of the place. It's a city within a city.
- 12:00 PM: The hunt for coffee begins. I NEED caffeine. My soul craves it. This becomes my main quest for the next hour, but I can't find a decent cup anywhere. The hotel coffee is far from up to par. It's a sad, sad situation.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch: I try a local restaurant. This time, I play it safe and order something simple. Fried rice. It’s… good. Comforting. I’m starting to appreciate the subtler flavors of China. Or maybe I’m just starving.
- 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Back to the Exhibition Center. More exploring. I wander through a random hall, completely lost. It's a sensory overload, a kaleidoscope of colours, sounds, and smells. I take a lot of photos. So many photos. I feel like a proper tourist now.
- 6:00 PM: I search for a nice cup of coffee, it is the evening and I am still tired, and not a single one of the vendors provided a good coffee. The search continues…
- 7:00 PM: Dinner somewhere near the hotel. Still wary of the "authentic" stuff. I spot a small place that serves dumplings. Seems safe enough, right? Yes, yes it it. I eat all of them! What a perfect way to end the day.
- 8:00 PM: Back to the hotel. I decide to have a nice shower and go to bed.
Day 3: Departure… and the lingering taste of Shanghai
- 7:00 AM: Wake up early, feeling surprisingly refreshed. Maybe I'm finally acclimatizing. Or maybe my brain is just numb from the caffeine drought.
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast. The hotel coffee still isn't great, but I'm getting used to it. Embrace the slight bitterness, I tell myself. Embrace the adventure.
- 9:00 AM: Check out of the hotel. The receptionist smiles and offers a "Goodbye!" I attempt a shaky "Xièxiè" – my Mandarin is still a work in progress.
- 9:30 AM: Take the airport bus to PVG. Back to the madness of the airport. Pray it would run smoothly.
- 12:00 PM: Arrive back home, with a head full of memories (some delicious, some… memorable).
- Next Few Days: I dream about Shanghai. And noodles. And coffee. I'll be back. I have to. I still need to find that perfect cup. And maybe conquer a new bowl of "Authentic Shanghai Noodles."
So, there you have it. My unfiltered, sometimes messy, always honest Shanghai adventure. It wasn't perfect, but that's the point, isn't it? It was real. And I wouldn't trade it for anything. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go and find some really, really good coffee.
Johannesburg's LUXURY 8-Bedroom Oasis: Pool, Paradise Found!
Shanghai Luxury: Vienna Hotel Hongqiao - FAQs (and My Slightly-Less-Than-Glamorous Truths)
Is the "Unbeatable Location" hype real? Seriously, is it *that* good?
Okay, so, "unbeatable location"... yeah, it's pretty damn good. Hongqiao is *the* hub, you know? Airport's practically next door. Metro is practically *in* the lobby. I mean, I stumbled out of the hotel at 3 AM (don't judge, jet lag is a beast) and found a 24-hour noodle place. Noodle place! That’s victory, people. You can get to Pudong, the Bund, *anything* easily. You’re basically the king (or queen) of convenience. But, and it's a big but, it also means airplanes. And sometimes, especially in the mornings... well, let's just say my balcony coffee and tranquility got interrupted by a LOT of "swooooshes." So, yeah, good location? Absolutely. Picture perfect silence? Not always. Worth it? Totally. Just pack earplugs. Seriously.
What's the vibe? Is it all swanky, or can a person with, you know, *life* actually feel comfortable?
Alright, the vibe. It's... classy. Think modern, clean lines, a lobby that's all polished marble and soft lighting. Initially, I was a bit intimidated. My travel clothes? Probably not runway-ready. But honestly, it's not *stuffy* swanky. People were just... *there*. Business travelers, couples, a lone wolf like myself. I even saw a dude in what looked like pajamas at the breakfast buffet. So, yeah, you can relax. No one’s judging your slightly crumpled travel outfit. They're just there trying to get their morning coffee and start their day. Speaking of...
The breakfast buffet. Tell me about it. Is it worth getting out of bed for? (Because, sleep is precious.)
Okay, the breakfast. *This*. Okay, so, I'm a breakfast person. Like, a *major* breakfast person. And this buffet... it’s *good*. Not just "hotel breakfast good," but like, "I would pay extra for this breakfast outside the hotel any day" good. The dim sum was incredible. Seriously, the little pork buns? Fluffy clouds of deliciousness. And there was this congee... oh my god, the congee. I may or may not have eaten three bowls. (Don’t tell my doctor.) Fresh fruit, pastries, everything. The coffee? Decent, but not life-changing. Which is a shame, because after polishing off the congee, I needed a serious boost to stay awake. Seriously, GET UP. It's worth it. Just... don't expect to go back to your room feeling remotely hungry.
Are the rooms actually *luxury*? What am I getting for my money? (Because, let's be real, Shanghai ain't cheap!)
Luxury… hmm. Okay, let’s break it down. The rooms are well-appointed. Clean. Comfortable bed. Good water pressure in the shower. Nice toiletries. I had a view… of a building. (Sigh.) Not exactly a panoramic vista, but it was fine. The furniture isn't exactly antique, but it's of good quality. It’s not the most over-the-top, bling-tastic luxury you'll find in Shanghai. But it's SOLID. Reliable. Everything works. And the price? Honestly, it feels like a fair price for the location and the quality. You aren’t getting ripped off. You're getting a comfortable, convenient base from which to explore this crazy, wonderful city. And that, my friends, is worth its weight in… well, probably dim sum.
What about service? Are the staff helpful and friendly? Or is it all polished indifference?
Service? Okay, I had a funny moment. My phone charger, you see, the plug… it… it wouldn't fit. (Jet lag brain, I tell you.) I wandered down to reception, feeling utterly defeated. The person at the desk, bless her heart, didn't even blink. She pointed me to a plug adapter in minutes. Zero judgment, just efficiency. And that was the vibe. Professional, polite, helpful. They spoke good English. They were willing to assist, though sometimes, because of the language barrier, it requires some patience. The cleaning staff was, too. I left a trail of destruction (don't ask) in my room, and they cleaned it all up and even left a little chocolate on my pillow. Totally made my day.
Is there a gym? (I'm trying to pretend I care about fitness while traveling.)
Yes, the gym is there. I *intended* to go. I really did. I even packed my workout clothes. But between the dim sum, the exploring, and the sheer exhaustion of navigating Shanghai… well, the gym remained sadly, sadly unused. (Don't judge.) I peeked in. It looked… perfectly adequate. Treadmills, weights, the usual suspects. If you're a gym person, you’ll be fine. If you're me… you’ll probably find other, more interesting things to do. Like, you know, eat more dim sum.
Any downsides? Things I should be *warned* about?
Okay, the downsides. Besides the occasional airplane noise mentioned before? It's not a super-romantic, secluded getaway. It's a busy hotel in a busy area. Expect people. A lot of people. Walking around, in the lobby, checking in, checking out. The elevators can get a bit crowded during peak times. And, this is important: bring your own converters if you need them! While the hotel will (probably) have them, it's better to be prepared. Finally, while the location is AMAZING, remember that everything is spread out in Shanghai. Plan for travel time, even in the excellent metro system. And be prepared to embrace the chaos. Trust me, it's part of the fun!
Would you stay there again? Honest answer.
Would I stay there again? Absolutely. For the location alone, it's a winner. The convenience factor is huge. The breakfast is worth it. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Look, it’s not perfect. But for the price, the convenience, and the overall experience, it's a solid choice. I'dBook Hotels Now

