
Vienna Hotel Baoshan: Your Luxurious Shanghai Escape Awaits!
Vienna Hotel Baoshan: My Shanghai Escape (and the Shenanigans That Ensued!)
Alright, folks, lemme just say, Shanghai. It’s a beast. Bustling, bright, a sensory overload in the best possible way. And after battling the crowds and navigating the subway, finding a decent hotel that offers both luxury and a little peace is…well, it’s a small victory. And that’s where the Vienna Hotel Baoshan comes in. Or at least, that's what the website promised. Let’s see if it delivered… and what kind of chaos I brought to the table.
Accessibility & Getting There (Slightly Scuffed, but Okay!)
Right off the bat: accessibility. They say they have facilities for disabled guests. I’m going to be brutally honest: I didn’t personally test this out. However, the presence of an elevator (whew!) is a good sign. They have an airport transfer, but, you know… I took the subway. Which, by the way, after a few wrong turns is kinda easy. And then there's the free car park. It's free! Big win.
The Room: My Little Fortress of Solitude (Mostly…)
Okay, so, I booked a non-smoking room. (I’m trying to be a better person, okay?). And the room? Damn. Pretty slick. They delivered! Air conditioning? Check. Blackout curtains? Definitely check. After a full day of Shanghai madness, pulling those curtains shut felt like sinking into a warm, silent hug. I needed it. The bed? Super comfy. And the free Wi-Fi? Glorious. No drop-outs, unlike some other hotels I’ve been to. They also offered free bottled water which I appreciated!
Now, the minor imperfections. The carpeting. It had tiny…spots. Nothing major (thankfully, I'm not that picky ).
Internet Access & Work Stuff - The Digital Nomad's Dilemma
Free Wi-Fi is like gold dust, especially in a city like Shanghai. And the Vienna Hotel Baoshan delivered. I mean, I could actually, y'know, work. Video calls? Fine. Streaming my favorite shows? Seamless. (Okay, maybe I spent a little too much time watching Netflix, but hey, deadlines, right?) They even had LAN internet access, which, honestly, I haven't used since the early 2000s, but it's there if you're into that sort of thing.
Cleanliness and Safety: Not a Worry in Sight
This is HUGE, especially after the last few years. This hotel seemed obsessed with cleanliness. Kudos. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Rooms sanitized between stays? Apparently. The staff donned masks perfectly, and there was hand sanitizer everywhere. Daily disinfection in common areas? Absolutely. They even had a hygiene certification. Frankly, I felt safer there than in my own apartment! They also had all the regular safety features: CCTV, smoke alarms, fire extinguishers… you name it. Made me feel like I was safe.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Foodie's Adventure (and a Few Stumbles)
Breakfast was a treat. I’m an Asian breakfast kinda gal myself, so I was stoked. They have Asian cuisine options in the restaurant, and a buffet, which made my inner greedy child jump for joy. Sadly, there was some kind of mix up and I didn't end up with the buffet on my first day there. (I wanted the dim sum!) They were apologetic, but I’m not sure my stomach fully forgave them. The next day, it was the buffet or bust!! and I was happy! I also hear there's a snack bar -- I missed it. But there is a pool-side bar, happy hour, and room service 24/7!
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Pool Time & More! (Let the Spa-ghini Begin!)
Okay, the pool with a view is stunning. Seriously. I spent a solid afternoon just floating around, pretending I was in a James Bond film. They also have a gym, a sauna, and even a spa! I didn’t actually do the spa (time was tight, and I was already thoroughly relaxed). But I did peer in, and it looked incredibly… spa-y. They had body wraps, body scrubs, and even foot baths. I was tempted, I was seriously tempted! Next time!
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Make a Big Difference
Laundry service? Sorted. Dry cleaning? Done. Luggage storage? No problem. They offer it all. They also have a gift shop, a convenience store, and even a currency exchange (very handy!). Plus: a concierge! I didn’t need to use them much, but it's good to know they are there!
For the Kids (…and the Big Kids Too)
I didn’t bring any kids, but they do offer babysitting services and kids’ meals. It's family-friendly!
Now for the Messy Stuff: The Anecdotes (and a Few Regrets)
I wanted to go to the bar, but I got distracted by the pool. And then I met some people and stayed. I really should have gone to the bar. It’s like I'm here and I am not! I didn't take the elevator but they do have one! I lost my key card. They sorted it out. The staff were super patient with me!
My Verdict & The Ultimate Pitch (Finally!)
Look, the Vienna Hotel Baoshan isn't perfect. But it’s a damn good option. It’s clean, comfortable, and offers a much-needed oasis from the madness of Shanghai. And you know what? That's what matters.
So, here's my pitch:
Tired of the Shanghai Hustle? Escape to Luxury at Vienna Hotel Baoshan!
Feeling overwhelmed by the sights, sounds, and non-stop energy of Shanghai? Do you want a break from it all? Then Vienna Hotel Baoshan is calling your name!
Picture this:
- Sinking into a cloud-like bed after a day of exploring Shanghai's hidden gems.
- Waking up to a delicious Asian breakfast (or a Western one, if that's your jam!)
- Taking a refreshing dip in the stunning pool with a view, leaving the city behind!
- Enjoying all the modern amenities you could ever want, from free Wi-Fi to in-room safety boxes!
- Relaxing and unwinding in a spot that's safe.
But it's more than just comfort and safety.
We offer:
- A prime location allowing you to easily experience the best of Shanghai.
- Exceptional value for a luxurious stay.
- A commitment to cleanliness and safety for a worry-free stay.
- Amazing, friendly staff
Book your Shanghai escape at Vienna Hotel Baoshan today!
Why wait? Escape the ordinary. Book now and experience the ultimate Shanghai getaway!
Saigon's Hidden Gem: An Dong Center Hotel Chinatown Review (You Won't Believe This!)
Okay, buckle up, buttercup, because this isn't your grandma's sterile travel itinerary. We're going deep into the swirling vortex of Vienna Hotel Baoshan Yongchang Road, Baoshan Shi, China. And trust me, after this, you'll need a nap.
Vienna Hotel Baoshan: A Traveler's Confession (or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Flaking Paint)
(Disclaimer: This is written after a jetlag-induced three-hour staring contest with a chipped teacup. Accuracy may vary. Sanity is definitely optional.)
Day 1: Arrival, Anxiety, and Instant Noodles (The Holy Trinity of Budget Travel)
- 14:00 (ish): Touchdown in Shanghai. Airport chaos. Existential dread. Where's my luggage?! (It eventually surfaced, bless its perfectly-scuffed hide.) The taxi ride? Let's just say my internal monologue alternated between "This is exhilarating!" and "I'm going to die in a yellow death trap." We arrive at the Vienna Hotel. My first impression? Shiny lobby! Smells… mostly clean? Okay, I'm sold. For now.
- 14:30: Check-in. The staff is…trying to be helpful? The English is, shall we say, interpretative. I think she said "Welcome to the chicken hotel," but I’m too tired to quibble. Key card received. My room? Honestly, better than expected. Clean-ish. Bed looks… safe.
- 15:00: Room assessment. The air conditioning is the kind that sounds like a dying walrus. The TV… offers approximately 500 channels, all of which are incomprehensible. The bathroom? Ah, the bathroom. Let's just say I'm investing heavily in hand sanitizer.
- 16:00: Hunger strikes. Jet lag makes you crave things you wouldn't normally touch with a ten-foot pole. Enter: Instant noodles from the 7-Eleven downstairs. (Essential travel sustenance, I tell you!) I devour them standing up, contemplating the meaning of life, while staring out the window at a construction site and feeling strangely content.
- 17:00: A short walk. Okay, a very short walk. I attempted to find… something. Anything. But the heat and the sheer unfamiliarity of everything overwhelmed me. I retreated to the hotel.
- 20:00: Dinner. (Or rather, *attempted *dinner).* The hotel restaurant. I pointed at something on the menu that looked vaguely edible. It turned out to be…a mystery meat stew. Let's just say I'm not sure what kind of animal I ate, but it was… an experience. Followed it with a Tsingtao beer. Needed it.
- 21:00 - 23:00: Stare at the wall. Try to sleep. Fail. The walrus-AC is in full death rattle mode. Decide to write in this notebook. Embrace the chaos.
Day 2: The Baoshan Odyssey: Temples, Tea, and Total Confusion
- 08:00 (ish): Wake up to the walrus-AC. Curse the sun for rising. Coffee from the lobby. Swear it’s instant.
- 09:00-12:00: Temple Time! Okay, not really, but I attempted to visit a local temple. Finding it was its own adventure. I spent a good hour wandering around back alleys and getting stared at by small children & older women. Finally, success! (I think). The air feels thick with incense. Or maybe that's just the Baoshan smog. The intricate carvings are impressive. And the sheer number of people praying… it's humbling, to put it mildly. I manage to accidentally stumble through some kind of ceremony. I smile politely. Hope I didn’t offend anyone. Probably did.
- 12:00-13:00: Lunch. Found a tiny dumpling shop run by a woman who looked like she hadn't slept in a decade. She served me the best dumplings I've ever eaten. (Seriously, they were amazing.) This is why I travel. This is why I put up with the walrus-AC.
- 13:00-15:00: Tea Ceremony. This was supposed to be a highlight. I envisioned myself gracefully sipping tea, pondering the mysteries of the East. The reality? I spilled half of it. I don't know how to handle the tiny cups. The proper tea etiquette is beyond my comprehension. I slurp loudly. The tea master is polite, but I can feel their judgment. I apologize profusely. Give it a solid B- for experience, but the tea was divine.
- 15:00-17:00: Market Mayhem! Attempted to navigate a local market. Sensory overload. The smells! The sights! The… things I couldn't even begin to identify! The sheer volume of people and sounds was almost overwhelming. Purchased some dried fruit (hopefully not embalmed) and a knock-off Adidas t-shirt. (Don't judge me, it was cheap!)
- 17:00-19:00: Back at the hotel. Exhausted. The walk was hot with the sun making me think I was going to melt. The experience was intense. The adrenaline is still pumping. Rest, watch a bit of whatever the hell is on TV and stare some more at the wall.
- 19:00: Dinner at hotel restaurant. I'm scarred from that first meal. This time, I point at something I recognise. Rice and a tiny portion of something I think is chicken. Is it safe? I'll find out tomorrow.
- 20:00-Late: This is where it gets hazy. More staring at the wall. The walrus-AC is still at it. More sleep evasion. Maybe, just maybe, a tiny bit of sleep finally wins.
Day 3: Departure and the Lingering Ghosts of Mystery Meat Stew
- 07:00-08:00: Wake up. The walrus continues to roar. Review the damage. Realize I need to get back to the damn airport.
- 08:00-10:00: Farewell to the hotel. Quick breakfast, check out, negotiate prices of a taxi.
- 10:00-13:00: Tax ride to the airport. Reflect. What was I expecting? What did I get? I'm not entirely sure, but I think I got something other than the "chicken" at the hotel restaurant.
- 13:00: Heading home.
Final Thoughts:
This trip was… an adventure. A chaotic, confusing, and often hilarious adventure. The Vienna Hotel? Well, it was a place to shelter, to rest, to think. It served its function and left me with a few laughs and memories. Baoshan? It's a place that will stay with me, a place that challenged me, a place I certainly won't ever forget. And… and I'll probably never look at a plate of dumplings the same way. And hey, maybe that's the best kind of travel, right? The kind that leaves you slightly changed, slightly baffled, and definitely with a good story to tell. Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll need a long, hot shower and a stiff drink. And maybe a therapist.
Nantong's BEST Hotel? Jinjiang Inn Zhongyang Rd Review!
Vienna Hotel Baoshan: Shanghai Escape? More Like a Whirlwind! FAQs
Okay, so, Vienna Hotel Baoshan... Is it actually 'luxurious' like the ads say, or is that just hotel marketing BS?
Alright, deep breaths. "Luxurious" is a loaded word, isn't it? Look, it's *good*. Let's just say it doesn't feature solid gold toilet seats. My expectations were, admittedly, *slightly* skewed by the shiny photos. I was picturing something out of a Bond film, y'know? Instead, I got a very comfortable, well-appointed room with a genuinely fantastic bed. The marble in the lobby is probably the closest you'll get to actual luxury. Definitely better than the budget hostel I stayed in last week where I swear I saw a cricket. Still, it's clean, well-maintained, the staff are polite, and the breakfast buffet...well, that's where things get interesting...
Speaking of breakfast, spill the tea! Is the buffet any good? Do they have bacon? (Crucial question!)
Oh, the breakfast. The breakfast. Okay, firstly, YES! They have bacon. AND sausages! And…a sort of… mystery meat that I *think* was ham? Listen, food labels in China are not always the most descriptive. The buffet is…vast. Like, bewilderingly vast. There's noodles, dumplings (those little pork-filled beauties!), congee, fruit, pastries… I swear, I saw a whole aisle dedicated to variations of eggs. It's a culinary adventure, folks. Be prepared to wander around like a slightly lost tourist for a good twenty minutes just absorbing the sheer *amount* of food. My only gripe? The coffee. Let’s just say it’s strong enough to strip paint. After three cups, I think I could've run the marathon. Good thing about it, it's open until 10 AM.
How's the location? Is it easy to get to the "Shanghai" bits of Shanghai?
Right, Baoshan. This is a bit trickier. It's not *in* the heart of the action. It's... further out. Kind of like someone stuck a pin in the outskirts and said, "Yep, that's a good spot." So getting to the Bund or the French Concession? Plan for a Metro ride. Metro is clean and easy to navigate, though it does get *packed* during rush hour. Think sardines. My advice? Download a translation app. Especially if you don't speak Mandarin. And pack snacks. Seriously. Because you'll need them. Consider it part of the adventure! You can always order a Didi (Chinese Uber) in case of emergency.
What about the rooms themselves? Are they actually as nice as they look in the photos?
They are… pretty darn close. Okay, the photos might have been touched up *a little* (okay, maybe a lot). But honestly? The rooms are spacious, especially for the price. The bed? Heavenly. I could have slept for a week in that bed. The bathroom? Clean, modern, and the water pressure in the shower was *amazing*. Which after a long day of navigating crowded streets and battling the Shanghai humidity is a *godsend*. They also have those little, free hotel slippers. Don't judge me, but I always take them. So don't expect it to be *exactly* identical, but generally, I'd say yes, the rooms are as advertised.
Is the Wi-Fi reliable? Because, you know, Instagram and all that…
Generally, yeah, the Wi-Fi is pretty solid. I mean, I managed to upload all my questionable food photos and endless selfies without too much trouble. There was the one day, though… oh, the one day… That was the dreaded "Wi-Fi Apocalypse." I was desperate to send my mum a photo of a particularly delicious dumpling, and… nothing. I paced, I refreshed, I even *shook* my phone. Nada. Turns out, it was a temporary outage. But the fear! The sheer panic of being digitally stranded! But it came back eventually. So, reliable? Mostly. Prepare for the occasional minor blip. But, hey, it could be a good thing you have to disconnect and enjoy your holiday.
Let's talk service. Are the staff friendly and helpful? Do they speak English?
Okay, here's the thing about service in China: It can be a mixed bag. The staff at Vienna Hotel Baoshan are generally polite and try their best. English proficiency varies. Some staff members speak quite good English, others… not so much. I found that a smile, a few basic Mandarin phrases (thank you! please!) , and a translation app go a *long* way. The staff are always eager to help. Don't be afraid to ask for help, and remember that a little bit of effort on your part to communicate goes a really long way. They really do try, bless them.
Any downsides? What's the catch?
The biggest downside, as mentioned earlier, is the location. It's not super central. You’ll spend a fair bit of time commuting. Also, while the hotel is clean, things can feel a bit…generic. It's not exactly bursting with character. It's efficient, comfortable, and does what it promises, but don’t expect a super-memorable cultural experience *within* the hotel walls. And the pool? Non-existent (unless you count my dreams of swimming in a giant bowl of dumplings as a pool). But for the price and overall quality? The catch is, really, not that bad. You're trading convenience for a comfortable bed and a pretty solid breakfast. For me, that's a trade I'm happy to make.
Would you stay there again?
You know what? Yeah, probably. Am I going to rave about it to all my friends? Probably not. But if I'm looking for a clean, comfortable, affordable base for exploring Shanghai (and don't mind a bit of a commute), then absolutely. It’s a solid option. It's not perfect, but honestly? It's good enough. Better than good, actually. I give it a solid thumbs up. ...and a longing look at that breakfast buffet. Okay, I'm hungry now.
Is there anything nearby the Hotel?
Okay, here's the lowdown on what's *right next door*. Basically, you've got a few handy things. First, there are definitely convenience stores. Great for snacks, waterUrban Hotel Search

