
Guilin's BEST Hotel Near the High-Speed Rail Station! (Vienna Hotel Review)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the Vienna Hotel in Guilin, the supposedly "BEST" hotel near the high-speed rail station. Honestly? After my stay… well, let's just say my expectations and reality did a tango. This isn't your sterile, robot-written review; it's the raw, unfiltered truth of a traveler who just wanted a decent night's sleep and maybe, just maybe, a decent cup of coffee.
First Impressions: The Location, the Hustle & the "Almost Perfect"
Accessibility? Right off the bat, score. You roll out of the high-speed rail station and boom, it’s practically staring you in the face. That alone is a major win, especially after a long train journey. The accessibility for folks with mobility issues looked pretty good too, plenty of elevators and ramps.
Now, the "almost perfect" comes in the vibe. Guilin is gorgeous. Think postcard landscapes come to life. Vienna Hotel? … It's a business hotel. Functional, yes. Romantic, no. Think clean lines, efficient service, and a complete lack of rolling hills in the lobby. (Okay, I'm exaggerating, but you get the picture.)
The Room: My Sanctuary…and Its Quirks
I booked a regular room. "Wi-Fi [free]" – check! That's the stuff of dreams after a day of train travel. The “Internet access – LAN” was a fun throwback to the old days, I didn't use it, but it's there! The room was…clean. Very clean. I'm talking, "Can you eat off the floor?" clean. (I didn't test that theory, mind you.)
- The Good Stuff: The bed! Heavenly. Like, melt-into-it-and-forget-your-troubles heavenly. The blackout curtains were a godsend, especially with the jet lag. I'm a sucker for a good bathrobe, and Vienna delivered on that front. Plenty of space, decent storage, and the air conditioning actually worked! (A small victory when you're sweating your bag off in humid Guilin). They even had an alarm clock, although I ignored it completely and slept to my heart's content.
- The "Meh" Moments: The bathroom. Yes, it was clean, but a little cramped. The water pressure was…okay. The toiletries were standard hotel fare. The coffee maker? Utterly baffling. It felt like a relic from a different century, which is funny because… the elevator was modern.
- The WTF Moment: Okay, and this is purely me, they had a scale. A scale. In the bathroom. I’m not even going to talk about how I felt when I saw it.
Cleanliness and Safety: A Pandemic Precaution Palooza
This is where Vienna Hotel shines. I felt genuinely safe. Really safe. In a world where every cough feels like a threat, their hygiene game was on point.
- What Impressed Me: Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Hand sanitizer everywhere? Check. Rooms sanitized between stays? Check. Individually-wrapped food options? Yes, but more on that later. They had all the right certifications and the staff looked genuinely happy to be wearing masks and taking it seriously. It gave me peace of mind which helped me relax a lot!
- The Quirks: The “Staff trained in safety protocol” felt obvious, but hey, it’s good to know!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Breakfast Battle & the Buffet Blues
Alright, let's talk food. This is where the Vienna Hotel teetered on the edge of "Okay" and "Meh, I'd rather grab a street vendor."
- Breakfast [Buffet]: This was…a mixed bag. The "Asian breakfast" was pretty good: Noodles, various steamed buns, and savory things. They also had the "Western breakfast" options that included, sad sausages and scrambled eggs that looked like they'd seen better days. The coffee was…forgettable. Let's be honest, some might say that's quite alright for a business hotel.
- The "Good" Bits: Having a bottle of water in the room was very welcome!
- The "Okay" Bits: "Coffee/tea in restaurant" – yes, but not great stuff. They did offer room service, which came in useful when I just wanted to be alone with a tray of snacks.
Services and Conveniences: The Elevator Saga and the Currency Exchange Chaos
Here's where Vienna Hotel tries to be a one-stop shop.
- The Wins: The elevator worked. (Important!). The 24-hour front desk was helpful and the doorman was always around. The luggage storage was a life-saver. Free car park? Bonus! The Wi-Fi worked great in the public areas.
- The Meh: The convenience store was…convenient, but a bit overpriced. The currency exchange was a little confusing and the rate wasn’t the best.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Spa Dreams (Sort Of)
This is where the Vienna Hotel takes a step down, and it felt like they’re not really taking it seriously or trying to compete with other hotels.
- The "Almost There" Spa: There's a spa! In theory. The fact that they had a gym, fitness centre, and sauna was great! but I didn't get to use them.
For the Kids: I'm Not Sure, Honestly…
They mention "Family/child friendly" and "Babysitting service". Fine, if you have a kid, I don’t. So, I can’t say much here.
The "Getting Around": Smooth Sailing (Literally)
- Airport transfer: Available, which is great.
- Car park [free of charge]: Check!
- Taxi service: Easily accessible.
The Bottom Line: Is the Vienna Hotel Guilin's BEST?
Look, does the Vienna Hotel live up to the hype of "BEST"? It's a solid, dependable choice. It's clean, safe, and incredibly convenient if you're taking the high-speed rail. It's not a luxury resort, and it doesn't have the charm of a boutique hotel. It's a business hotel that gets the job done, and it does it well when considering.
My Emotional Reaction: I went in with (admittedly) high expectations, and I left feeling… satisfied. It’s not a hotel that will blow your mind, but it's a reliable choice that gets the fundamentals right. I'd go back. Especially if I had an early train to catch.
The Compelling Offer (Guilin's BEST Vienna Hotel Near the High-Speed Rail): Book Now and Get Recharged!
Tired of travel headaches? Do you want to roll out of a high-speed train and into a clean, comfortable place? Then you're in luck! Stay at the Vienna Hotel, Guilin's BEST Hotel Near the High-Speed Rail Station!
Here’s what makes us special:
- Ultimate Convenience: Literally a stone's throw from the station. No more dragging your luggage across town!
- Peace of Mind: Exceptional cleanliness and safety protocols - relax and enjoy your stay.
- Unbeatable Value: Comfortable rooms, free Wi-Fi, and a friendly welcome.
Book your stay now and receive:
- Complimentary Breakfast! (Subject to buffet availability)
- 10% off Spa Services! (For those who like spa)
- Free Car Parking!
Don't miss out! Book your stay at the Vienna Hotel today and experience Guilin with ease!
[Link to Book Now!]
Limited Time Offer: Book within the next [Number] days and get a complimentary bottle of water on your room. (Disclaimer: Your experience might vary. Mileage may vary. And I'm still not sure what the deal is with the scale. But, hey – it’s a clean room!)
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Starway Hotel Taiyuan - Kangning Street Metro!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this is going to be a mess. We're talking Vienna Hotel in Guilin, the Quangxi part, all the way to the high-speed railway station and beyond. Prepare for a journey! My journey! In China!
Day 1: Arrival, Mild Panic, and Questionable Noodles
14:00 - Arrive at Vienna Hotel (Guangxi Branch)
Okay, first off, the name "Vienna Hotel" in Guilin? Someone's got a serious case of aspiration. Am I expecting waltzes and Sachertorte? Nope. I'm expecting… well, I hoped for clean sheets and maybe a functioning shower. I got the sheets, but the shower… well, let's just say it channeled its inner Niagara Falls with a side of lukewarm. My first impression? Mostly relieved it wasn't actively dirty. The lobby, however, was blessedly air-conditioned, which was a HUGE plus after the humid airport shuffle.
15:00 - Check-in Chaos (Slightly Humorous)
Language barrier. The bane of every solo traveler's existence. My Mandarin is… let's call it “enthusiastically basic.” The receptionist, bless her heart, stared at my passport like it was an alien artifact. A lot of pointing, frantic typing, and me miming “room key?” Eventually, success! We triumphed over the language barrier! I, with my severely limited Mandarin, and she with her… well, it sounded like she did not speak any English.
16:00 - First Impression Walkabout – Hot and Bothered
Venturing outside, I was instantly enveloped by a wall of humidity and what felt like a million motorbikes whizzing past. Guilin is alive. Cars honking, hawkers yelling, smells - some good, some… less so. Tried to find a small local store for some water, but it turned into a mini-adventure. Ended up buying a bottle (thank god for pointing!) and a suspicious-looking, brightly-colored fruit I couldn't identify. (Still haven’t.)
18:00 - Dinner – Noodle Misadventure
Following the hotel's (vague) recommendations. I am a novice! and I chose a noodle place. My choice of noodles? I pointed at something, the waitress smiled… I got a massive bowl of something that looked like a grey swamp with floating veggies. The noodles themselves were… doughy. The broth… tasted vaguely of things I'd rather not identify. I ate about a quarter of it, silently weeping into my rice bowl. Lesson learned: stick to what you recognize in the beginning, or at least google translate beforehand!
19:00 - Evening Stroll – A Tiny Victory
Took a deep breath, and went for a walk. Saw a park, some locals playing mahjong (fascinating!), and bought some ridiculously sweet corn. The feeling of finally seeing some ordinary everyday life in China filled me with wonder. I watched the locals and took in the bustling activity, the smells (good and bad) of the city. Okay, maybe this trip won't be a complete disaster.
Day 2: Guilin – Limestone Mountains and Tourist Traps
08:00 - Breakfast - Another Adventure
Decided to be brave and venture into the hotel dining room. Buffet-style, and my eyes popped. I started with what appeared to be mini-pancakes, but were actually made of something that tasted more like cardboard. Followed by a mystery meat I was too afraid to try, and some of the rice porridge served in a bowl. I ate the rice porridge! I'm adapting!
09:00 - Li River Cruise – Mostly Stunning
This was the reason I came to Guilin. The Li River. The landscape paintings. The…tourists. Okay, the cruise itself was a little crowded, a LOT of people taking pictures, and the constant commentary in Mandarin did get old eventually, but… the scenery? Breathtaking. Honestly, it’s like stepping into one of those ancient Chinese landscape paintings. I spent most of the cruise gawking, trying to capture the sheer magnificence of it all with my pathetic phone camera. The karst mountains, the misty air… just, WOW. Worth the touristy hassle.
12:00 - Lunch on the Boat - Uh Oh
Food on the boat: predictable tourist fare. Pretty bland. Avoid at all costs unless you've got a serious case of post-cruise hunger.
14:00 - Reed Flute Cave – Damp and Impressive
The Reed Flute Cave. A vast cavern filled with stalactites and stalagmites, artfully lit. Slightly claustrophobic, damp, and noisy with tour groups, but… impressive. I imagined myself as Indiana Jones, dodging falling rocks. (Okay, maybe not.) What was really striking was the way the lights played on the rock formations, creating these otherworldly visions. A bit too much "ooh and ah," but still, pretty damn cool.
16:00 - Shopping Street – Tourist Trap, Activated!
I decided to get some souvenirs. I found myself on a shopping street, filled with trinkets and the blaring music of street vendors. Haggling is apparently de rigueur, so I channeled my inner used car salesman (which is not much, honestly). Eventually, I managed to score a silk scarf and a teapot for a price I felt moderately okay with.
19:00 - Dinner – Finding a Winner
Thanks to a tip from a friendly expat (a lifesaver!), I found a small restaurant serving authentic Guilin rice noodles. And this time, I KNEW what I was getting! Spicy, flavorful, and actually delicious! I even managed to order it myself, mostly. Small victories, people, small victories!
Day 3: The High-Speed Railway – Speed and… More Bureaucracy!
08:00 - Breakfast at the Vienna Hotel - Regret.
The so-called "pancakes." Again. I skipped breakfast.
09:00 - Hotel Check-out and Taxi to the Railway Station – The Rush Begins
Packed my bags (which is already a mess), checked out (more language struggles, more pointing), and hailed a cab. The taxi driver drove fast. Really fast. I held on for dear life. Made it in one piece, thankfully.
10:00 - Arrival at Guilin Railway Station – The Human Traffic Jam
The High-Speed Railway Station! Holy cow, it’s massive! It's also packed. Absolutely packed. A sea of humanity flowing in every direction. Finding my ticket office was a mini-quest of its own. Signs in English? Sparse. I followed the general flow, hoping for the best.
10:30 - Ticket Check/Security - An Exercise in Patience.
The queue for security. Long. Very, very long. And slow. Every bag was scanned. Every person meticulously examined. I’ll admit, I felt a bit like I was back in the airport, but it was necessary. I survived – not a bomb squad, no alarms, just the usual pre-flight jitters.
11:00 - Finding the Train – More Flow
Finally – the platform! But finding my train? Instructions in both Chinese and… let's just say it was still confusing. More pointing, asking for assistance, finally – success! I was on the right train.
11:30 - The High-Speed Railway Experience – Fast, Smooth, and Surprisingly Comfortable.
The train itself? The ride? Amazing! It was incredibly smooth and fast. The seats were comfortable. I sat back and enjoyed the scenery whizzing by. The landscape was different – flatter, more industrial, yet still beautiful in its own right. The train, itself, was a marvel.
14:00 - Arrival at Quanzhou – Farewell to Guilin
Arrived in Quanzhou. Disembarked, gathered my luggage, and prepared for the next phase of the journey. Saying goodbye to Guilin after such a short time, the place and experiences are already imprinted in my mind. It wasn't perfect, but it was real. I learned to say "thank you" and "you're welcome" at the most basic level, and I made it through a whole day of travel!
Final Thoughts:
This trip was messy, exhausting, and utterly wonderful. China is a sensory overload, a challenge, and an adventure all rolled into one. I'm looking forward to exploring more of this amazing country.
And yes, I'm still a little bit in love with those karst mountains. Prepare for me to get back soon! (With a much improved Mandarin dictionary, and an even better understanding of Chinese food).
Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Marina Residence Awaits in Koh Samui
Guilin Vienna Hotel Near the High-Speed Rail: The REAL Deal (FAQ - Messy Edition)
Okay, so, is the Vienna Hotel *really* the best near the Guilin North High-Speed Rail? Spill the tea!
So, what about the rooms? Are they… livable?
Food situation? Breakfast included? (Tell me everything!)
Service? Are the staff friendly? I'm worried about the language barrier!
Okay, but the real question: what about the noise? Trains?!
Any downsides besides the train noise? (Be honest!)
Would you stay there again?
So, where do you recommend looking at in Guilin?

